What's new

Where is best place to buy a new alloy wheel? (Must match others)

ship69

Members
Reaction score
Car
'08 i-DTEC EX man 5D
Hello

I need to buy a new alloy wheel for my Honda Accord 8th Gen. Any suggestions?

Background
My rear wheel has been dented slightly by a pothole. It has also been scraped by the curbside slightly when parking. Although it is perfectly legal it keeps going out of balance so I would like to use it as a spare wheel (currently I have none!)

I don't really care what the wheel looks like except that it needs to match the other wheels in case I need to sell the car and it should not have any damage.

Any thoughts?

J

PS. I was going to try to upload a photograph from my PC but I can't work out how to do so! [Any suggestions?!]

OK here is the image (which I have rather painfully uploaded elsewhere)

delme_wheel.jpg

Thats a shame. I sold my alloy with a tyre for £80 on type accord a few weeks back.

Ebay has load's for 100 with no tyre. Good luck though.

You could also just get it repaired, plenty of places do it, just try find a recommendation from someone.

Thanks

Can anyone tell me what an "A1 ID" is and how to find out which mine are?

Those two eBay listings seem to have different a "A1 ID"
> Honda Accord 2008 – 2014 Single Alloy Wheel A1 Id 6401
> Honda Accord 2008 – 2014 Single Alloy Wheel A1 Id 6402

Also, can anyone recommend anywhere other than eBay for second hand alloys?

e.g. http://www.usedalloywheels.co.uk ==> takes you back to eBay

That company on Ebay is called A1 JDM parts. I think you'll find A1 ID is there stock no. id etc. Nothing to do with the spec of the wheel.

All the Accord wheel sin that design are the same size 17".

Are you still looking?
I think i'll sell mine soon but 4 of them (set) - condition are very good almost perfect.
Tyres are really bad (approx 3mm on it or 2.5mm)

taryfa said:
Are you still looking?
I think i'll sell mine soon but 4 of them (set) - condition are very good almost perfect.
Tyres are really bad (approx 3mm on it or 2.5mm)
Yes am still looking - but only need the one wheel.

Is the wheel in a condition where it could be refurbished. Perhaps consider wheel refurbishment companies.

Ebay & usedalloywheels.co.uk do both share ebay results however most of the leading suppliers of both new and second hand will be sold via ebay tbh. I know as I work in the niche also. I am currently in the process of setting up alloywheelfinder.com to make it easier to find alloy wheels online.