What's new

where to buy nice budget tyres

goody

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord 03 2.0 exec
Hi guys I want to buy new budget tyres for my Honda accord 2.0 since the cheap ones I got make a lot of road noise...do I go to kwikfit or do I buy online and fit separately plus do I need an alignment on my car when I drive it, it seems I am driving a boat and the steering wanders about ..advice pls thanks
P.s I forgot to mention the tyres are for penta's I think that is 17inches

and you think budget tyres will have less noise than 'cheap' ones...

sounds a bit contradictory, i dont get it why people skimp on tyres

they are the only thing between the car on the road.

decent tyres are about 80 quid a corner, for 17". pay about 130 for a premium brand.

i would not trust anything less.

if you cant afford that get smaller alloys tbh.

and you think budget tyres will have less noise than 'cheap' ones...

sounds a bit contradictory, i dont get it why people skimp on tyres

they are the only thing between the car on the road.

decent tyres are about 80 quid a corner, for 17". pay about 130 for a premium brand.

i would not trust anything less.

if you cant afford that get smaller alloys tbh.
lol....£80 is good enough for me ...anything to reduce the road noise...point taken though.. ;)

Have a look hear and get someone to fit them for £10 a corner.

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m54b0s16p0/Car_Tyres_-_MPV_Tyres_-_People_Carrier_Tyres_-_17_inch_R17_inch_-_225_45_17_225_45R17

Have a look hear and get someone to fit them for £10 a corner.

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m54b0s16p0/Car_Tyres_-_MPV_Tyres_-_People_Carrier_Tyres_-_17_inch_R17_inch_-_225_45_17_225_45R17
thanks a lot

Thanks for the advice guys camskill it is then...one last question do I do the tracking with a hunter machine afterwards ?

A shout out to Matador MP 46 Hectorra 2, really good tyres, have them on mine (bar one Hankook) well I think they are MP46, I get nice grip from my tyres and the MP46 have a good rep. They are owned by Continental, and are mid range tyre maker.

One thing though if you buy from camskill.
Make sure you find a fitter 1st as some don't like fitting your own tyres as they loose money.

usually no need for 4 wheel alignment, changing tyres needs balancing per corner.

thats all, ***uming the car has already had alignment done

if you want a decent tyre go for bridgestone, dunlop or michelin... in fact michelin have been the best tyres for me so far, yes expensive but they last longer and if you have a good look around on eBay, voucher codes, cash back sites or even a friend who has a Costco card you can strike a good deal actually!

My dad just bought a brand new set of Bridgestone for less than £300 from a tyre place on eBay!

Just ordered 4 bridgestone tyres from camskill quite a good price too... Thanks for your advice guys

Just ordered 4 bridgestone tyres from camskill quite a good price too... Thanks for your advice guys

Camskill are great but if you want similar prices but with the option to get them fitted locally, BlackCircles have a nationwide fitting network.

E.g. Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 for £104.59, fitted with no gripes from your local tyre shop. Find one near you here

Can i just stick a word in for Jinyu tyres? I've had them on my Prelude for the last x years and they've been excellent.

I also put them on the MG ZT we had before the Accord, and they went up and down Alps and backwards and forwards on Highland roads, autobahns and autostradas reasonably quietly and nice and firmly.

They count as a budget brand, too - I get mine from tyretraders, who send them to a local fitting station for a tenner apiece cheaper than that fitting station can get them for themselves.

No need to get an alignment unless you have unusual wear on front/rear axle - e.g. worn on the inside or outside (usually both sides of the car) - or the car is pulling to one side. Or indeed if your steering wheel isn't centred - which means the last alignment guy didn't centre the steering wheel before aligning the wheels.

You should get them balanced when they get fitted as part of the deal.

If you want to save a few quid on "recycling costs" (usually £2 a tyre or so), take your old tyres yourself and put them in the local Council skip (most are licensed by SEPA or the EA to accept them). Remember to tell the fitter before they make up the bill, though!

P.S. If the car is wandering about, it could be alignment - but if tyres are evenly worn then more likely to be a suspension component - bushes, drop links, broken spring, leaky shocker, dodgy balljoint, worn top mounts and so on.

on my mot it's says this:
offside rear (on inside edge) tyre worn close to the legal limit
also both of the front tyres are worn close to legal limit but these on the front i will change till tuesday...
so what is wrong... the front alignment? the rear? some bush on the rear, if so, which one to look for? what is wrong, the tyre itself? how did he get worn?
the problem is that i don't want to buy new tyre on the back, too and then after 5k to be worn the same as this one...
i have bought the car with this tyres so I do not know the tyres-alignment history

I generally check with a number of places for tyres.

Camskill are good for mail order for you to arrange fitting yourself.
Tyretraders are also good for mail order and offer a fully fitted option too but in my experience have limited fitting stations (they do offer further discount codes often on their FB page however)
Tyreshopper worked out cheapest for me once upon a time when looking for my old civic vti tyres
Black Circles are generally competitive and offered Tesco clubcard points when I last ordered with them

Quince