What's new

which clutch

johnboy

Members
Reaction score
Car
2007 tourer diesel
Hi guys had my 2.2 tourer 2wks and the clutch has started slipping :( what clutch should i be looking at to put in and would i need a duel mass there is no judder.Looking to get the stage 1 remap and egr off when done.

John,plenty information are on these site.

John,

do it once, do it right.

Just go for the CG Motorsport paddle clutch.

If you mention Premier Tuning to Linda who runs the place, they should be able to do it for around £810 with a new DMF, release bearing and transmission oil change inc fitting.

Then just go straight to Stage 2 EGR OFF.

Agree with Fahad get the paddle clutch set up and do it once.

John,

do it once, do it right.

Just go for the CG Motorsport paddle clutch.

If you mention Premier Tuning to Linda who runs the place, they should be able to do it for around £810 with a new DMF, release bearing and transmission oil change inc fitting.

Then just go straight to Stage 2 EGR OFF.
Thanks for that been on there site and cant seem to find the clutch as i will fit it myself any idea on just the clutch price

Have you seen what's involved with our clutces dude?

I believe they do a supply only too but best ask them the price mate.

And general idea of what's involved in clutch install on this car

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/96-review-clutch-install-accord-i-ctdi/

the job looks much like doing a clutch on most modern diesels ie mondeo tdci or a vectra diesel

yep it is really mate, so if you;re ok with that.. also note the loading of the clutch is vital.

Do a write up of the paddle install if you can :)

yep it is really mate, so if you;re ok with that.. also note the loading of the clutch is vital.

Do a write up of the paddle install if you can :)
Does anybody know why loading of the clutch is so important as ive never come across this with any other car

Yes, if it sits incorrectly then it warps the friction disc and contributes to premature self tensioning of the pressure plate springs. If you look at my thread above, you'll see Honda use a special tool to load them.

Do your sums mate, if it's cheaper or cheap enough to get a supply only from CG then go that route otherwise at £810 with DMF and fitted, it's hard to beat.

Not heard of one, but the dmf in and of itself is reliable... it is just the oem clutches that are made of biscuits and cheese.

It's a self-adjusting clutch. With these the loading of the clutch during the fitting process is important. If the self-adjusting mechanism is not set properly by loading the clutch premature wear will take place. It really does need a special tool to load the clutch, although not necessarily the Honda one as there are several good universal ones on the market.

Have a search on Youtube. There's a good video from Valeo on how these clutches work and a number of other good videos on fitting them.

Alan

Has anybody fitted a paddle clutch from cg motorsport does it give a harder pedal or make the clutch grap in traffic.Quoted me £300 for clutch

There's been a bit of talk alredy bud. Have a little searchy ;)

There's more reviews on Civinfo.com than here but it's a little juddery on initial take off, but nothing that will bother you too much and pedal feel remains the same.

It's really the only known solution, especially if you want to tune the car and a small price to pay for peace of mind.

really dont know if to fit a stock clutch or a cg one .The grab and judder and extra noise reported on the cg clutch is bugging me a bit as its too late once its in.Will a stock clutch take a stage 1 remap

Yes mate. Just ensure it's loaded correctly. Also the latest clutches from Honda are a revised part (part number ending 325) and a bit stronger anyway.