What's new

which lubetech oil?

rattache

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord cdti
Hi all, this is my first post (apart from my introduction). I have read on the DIY forum about lubetech 0 - 30 oil and I have contacted them via e - mail asking which of the two 0 - 30 oils they sell is correct for my Accord CDTI 2008.
They replied promptly stating that if my car has a DPF then it is their Optima LSH. If not then it is their Optima Vimax. My question is does my car have a DPF or not ?. I am sure that you can appreciate that I do not want to put the wrong oil in my pride and joy. Hope someone can help. John.

Hi John, your iCTDI does not have a DPF and in any case you can use either oil in the non DPF cars, but only a DPF compliant oil in the DPF cars.

Hope that helps.

Hi John, your iCTDI does not have a DPF and in any case you can use either oil in the non DPF cars, but only a DPF compliant oil in the DPF cars.

Hope that helps.
Thanks a million F6HAD thats just what I needed to know. I will be ordering my oil tomorrow along with genuine Honda oil filter, air filter and fuel filter.

good stuff, that's what we like to see. Do the pollen filter too and consider doing the transmission fluid.. use Honda MTF3 (you need 3 bottles to get the 2.2 litres required).

good stuff, that's what we like to see. Do the pollen filter too and consider doing the transmission fluid.. use Honda MTF3 (you need 3 bottles to get the 2.2 litres required).
F6HAD sorry for the late reply I went to bed after my last post. I didn't know the gearbox oil was seperate from the engine oil until I read it in the DIY section. I will take your advice and change it. Thanks for the advice. John.

Yes and you only need to do it every 50k miles maybe so worth doing once for peace of mind.