What's new

Which Oil for my 7th Gen Accord.

Ash

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.4 Executive
Hi Chaps.

Sorry if this questions has been asked before and if so please can you direct me to the appropriate link.

My 2004 2.4 Petrol Accord is reaching 60,000 miles. I'm looking at servicing (Oil and Gonna change my plugs even though most change it at 75,000) .
I phoned Honda HQ today and they strongly recommend Castrol Edge 0w 30 Oil. Also the Denso Iridium Plugs.
Most dealers i called do their own thing. Some say 5w30 some 10w40.

My gut says to go for Honda HQ's recommendations

What are your thoughts ?

Thanks

Ash

Ash if you do a quick search you'll find the information really easily.

I would use 5w30 Fully Synthetic, and NGK Iridium plugs...

Thanks Paul - 0w 30 Catsrol Edge it shall be. Also The Denso Plugs to finish off.

Why differ Jav ?

had an accord for nearly 3 years now, including the 2.4 and into me it runs best on the 5w30 nice and quiet. you can also use the 5w40, also as for park plugs Denso are good, but NGK are the best. look in your user manual you can use either mate... they are both in there :) I have NGK long life ones in my 2.0 even though Honda dont recommend, CJ fitted them for me.

For the 2.4 petrol I think 5w40 is probably more ideal but really anything from 0w/30 to 5w40 is fine. 10w40 (unless fully synthetic) is probably a bit thick.

had an accord for nearly 3 years now, including the 2.4 and into me it runs best on the 5w30 nice and quiet. you can also use the 5w40, also as for park plugs Denso are good, but NGK are the best. look in your user manual you can use either mate... they are both in there :) I have NGK long life ones in my 2.0 even though Honda dont recommend, CJ fitted them for me.

bit off topic, but did you notice any change in going from standard ngk's to iridiums? I've read lots of conflicting info about better fule economy and more power, which i don't believe tbh :ph34r: