What's new

why no 2.4s?

You guys are lucky, I've just taxed my 2004 2.4 Tourer €1,038 or £900 for the year. If it was a 2008+ model it would be £1,040 per annum!!

The diesels fair better with 2008+ as we switched to emmissions - £340 for the year approx. If you have a Diesel 2.2 before 2008 then it'll cost you £825 per annum!!

And no, our fuel isn't cheap either. Motoring costs in the UK are way lower than Ireland and from what I can see most european countries too.

the power of dreams. :p

8086418746_76190f7eea_h.jpg

its cheaper than Ireland, but its not as fun as you think. the cops for instance are way ahead of the game, and with about 11,000+ speed cameras you know driving is not as much fun as you think.

but Ireland is a horrid place for tax for sure.

anything over a 1.8 petrol and you are basically a lunatic or someone with serious problems.

anything over a 1.8 petrol 1.5 diesel and you are basically a lunatic or someone with serious problems.

I fixed your post - it's even worse than that here.

Well guys it do seem the 2.4 manual are very rare in the 8th gen so im keeping mine ;)

I keep an eye out for estates (still not sure they are big enough for me) and manual's are like rocking horse poop, even most of the 2.0l come with auto boxes.

Mine will be on sale at Aberdeen Honda sometime after 1st April if they dont already have a buyer for it, absoulutely brilliant car - just decided it was time to change and I got a great deal as well!

manuals are getting rarer as ppl get stupider and lazier. Anoe a boy in uni who bought a 1.3cdti astra in auto "cuz its more fun to drive" :S

Got one of them on my drive at the minute Tourer 2.4 Auto', £148.50 for 6 months Tax... Although its a brilliant drive its not as good as my V6 coupe, that's my opinion so don't take it to heart folks B) and the coupe is the same length as well :lol:

its not as good as its an auto

any self confessed petrol head has two prerequisites.

a) a petrol (duh)

b> a manual box

autos are for high end prestige cars or yanks, whichever comes first.

but i can confirm that there are indeed flunk all 2.4 8th gen accords in the whole of the uk.

2.4 executives are pretty thin on the ground also in 7,8th gen.

all the more reason to keep this forum up and share our inner most thoughts lol.

its not as good as its an auto

any self confessed petrol head has two prerequisites.

a) a petrol (duh)

b> a manual box

autos are for high end prestige cars or yanks, whichever comes first.

but i can confirm that there are indeed flunk all 2.4 8th gen accords in the whole of the uk.

2.4 executives are pretty thin on the ground also in 7,8th gen.

all the more reason to keep this forum up and share our inner most thoughts lol.

Didn't want rattle a chain, but I consider it rattled and I'm sorry, my comparison is side by side and they are both auto's and I've driven a manual one two :p

any high performance petrol needs a manual box IMO.

you need to have the control over gear changes...not let a ECU decide.

The Vtec is great with a manual box but also nice in an Auto for laid back driving.
One thing to consider most super cars all have an Auto box

any high performance petrol needs a manual box IMO.

you need to have the control over gear changes...not let a ECU decide.
agree about the control thing, obviously you can get better performance and maybe driver satisfaction from a manual, in particular at the traffic light grand prix, but with most manuals going over to 6 speed these days and traffic getting busier all the time it can become a chore changing gear sometimes. I spend a fair amount of time driving a 6 speed Renault traffic van for work purposes, after a hard days graft especially hot days you begin to realise how tiring constant up/ down on clutch can become,.my 2.4 auto is a revelation , so relaxing to drive but still fun using paddle shift when mood takes.its my first auto but no going back now, I,m pushing fifty and feeling it!!

Hi

Most people are looking for economy these days or low CO2 (car this size are in a large majority company cars) but our 2.4 doesn't do too many miles (coming up to 5yrs old and 37K miles) hence a petrol estate was what we wanted. It wasn't priced too much differently to a Civic either. When we looked there were two for sale, one local and one +450miles away.

Actually most very high performance cars eg. Porsche / Ferrari (no more manuals) etc are auto's these days. If you want to interact with 2.4 accord, just swap to sport and use the steering wheel paddles.

Hi

Most people are looking for economy these days or low CO2 (car this size are in a large majority company cars) but our 2.4 doesn't do too many miles (coming up to 5yrs old and 37K miles) hence a petrol estate was what we wanted. It wasn't priced too much differently to a Civic either. When we looked there were two for sale, one local and one +450miles away.

Actually most very high performance cars eg. Porsche / Ferrari (no more manuals) etc are auto's these days. If you want to interact with 2.4 accord, just swap to sport and use the steering wheel paddles.
Can you rev match while down shifting with those paddles?

I very much doubt it and look at the performance figures on the auto its not a patch on the manual.

No you cant rev match the Accord gearbox, there are a few auto's do that but not the Accord. My friends Nissan 370Z does is for instance. Plus no it hasn't got the 0-60 of the manual. Once you get it going it's not bad. Having said that our 2.4 is called "Captain Slow" in our house. The new 310bhp diesel covers the need for quicker drivers (Brabus E350cdi :) )