What's new

will my accord tell me when it is due a service?

mat

Members
Reaction score
Car
09 EX GT Tourer
i have a 2006 accord tourer sport, the last stamp in the service book is at 59900 in june 2010 and it's now done 74000, the stamps in the service book are in the automatic service notification thing section... which makes me think that the car will tell me when it needs a service?? not sure how/if it works out when the next service is due?

i changed the oil myself at 65000, not sure if this makes a difference or not?

mat.

Nope. You need to keep an eye on the mileage mate.

And if you ignore the service intervals on the diesel... that's quite a realistic and literal possibility :lol:

fair enough, i thought i read something in the manual about it telling me when the service is due in the little screen below the speedo... hmmm.

it hasn't told me anything and it's done the 12500 miles since the last service so i guess i'll just have to get it done!!

mat.

The service interval is 12,500 miles or annually and sorry to say this but your next one at 75,000 is a major one, mine was £670 but is did include one new tyre.

The service interval is 12,500 miles or annually and sorry to say this but your next one at 75,000 is a major one, mine was £670 but is did include one new tyre.

was that at honda?

think i'll be getting a local chap to do mine for me, if i pick up all the filters and oil on the cheap it shouldn't cost too much!

mat.

As long as you're using genuine Honda filters and 0w/30 oil you can either DIY or take it to any decent mechanic. Don't use copy parts, you'll live to regret it - and no I'm not being melodramatic. Also 12.5k intervals on the ICTDI are asking for trouble. The max you should leave between oil changes is 8k in my opinion.

Yes all my services have been at a Honda Main Dealer at 12,500 mile intervals. Had 87,500 service done yesterday which was £570 - ( £204 of which was for new rear discs and pads )

As long as you're using genuine Honda filters and 0w/30 oil you can either DIY or take it to any decent mechanic. Don't use copy parts, you'll live to regret it - and no I'm not being melodramatic. Also 12.5k intervals on the ICTDI are asking for trouble. The max you should leave between oil changes is 8k in my opinion.

going to get some castrol 0w30 (as advised by you guys) with my halfords trade card, then i'll pop into honda for the oil filter and fuel filter, may get a k&n air filter if they do one as it will work out cheaper in the long run! do the tappets/glow plugs or something need doing as well? - i'm not too hot on diesels tbh!

mat.

Mat, you're better off using the deal we have with Lubetech for their mini drum of 25l 0w/30 - after discount works out to circa £90 delivered and that's enough for 4 oil changes and some top up.

The only aftermarket air filter available for the Accord ICTDI is the Pipercross element, developed in conjunction with our club. Have a look in the Premier Tuning sub forum from the main menu for details.

had another look at my Honda books, in the manual it says 'in EU countries, follow the Maintenance Schedule in the Service Book that came with your vehicle.'

which i presume is this:

IMAG0453.jpg

and in here it says this:

IMAG0452.jpg

all the Honda Dealership stamps are in the 'variable service history record' section and not in the '12,500 mile service history record' section???

think i'm going to have to go and visit my dealer and see what they say about it as i'm not spending money on a service that isn't yet required.

mat.

doesn't look like it, looks to be the one that came with the car?

it has all the relevant bits in the beginning filled in and stamped by the dealership and the dates and stamps in the service section look to have been done at the times and dates stated (i ***ume that if it was a second book the history would be filled in with the same pen at the same time to bring it up to date?

mat.

EDIT: tbh, the car was bought and serviced at alan day honda, who are well known to be a bit crap (learned this from CTROC) so it's probably just them ****ing up in some way or another! i'll take it to my mate to service it on payday, unless my local stealer quotes me happy! (lol)

i'll get him to do everything on this list:

IMAG0454.jpg

excluding the transmition fluid, brake fluid and fuel filter (as this was all done on the last service) - it's amazing how cheap servicing this car is going to be compared to my type-r!!!