What's new

Windscreen surround issues?

Solvalou

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 1.8 VTEC '51'
I spotted some possible issues with the surround on the windscreen rubber surround not that long after I bought the car. The corners I noticed but didn't think too much about it at the time (and didn't take a photo before my phone screen broke) but after spotting another gap I thought i'd see if anyone else knows whats going on.

This can't be right, can it?

EDIT: I'm fully aware there's an overturned trolly on the green, I hate this town and I ***ure you I don't plan to live here long if I can help it.

Nope thats the seal coming away which will cause leaks.. Youll need to get the window took out and resealed mate

I had the same issue on my Supercharged MG ZS.
I Popped sealant in the tact down. worked a treat. lasted over 2 years ;)

I think the actual screen is bonded in with glue to the car body, so its unlikely the actual glass is loose. The plastic/rubber is just a trim that clips around the edge, as Tony says, probably just needs sealing back down. Might be a job best left for the summer, windscreen firm might know whats best to use.

Thanks guys, not leaking (as far as I can tell) at the mo so like Rich said, i'l leave it until summer. It might actually fix the condensation problem aswell, who knows?

P.s. That link is out of stock but i'l look out for some if I need a temp fix. Thanks again!

no probs mate,
i only use the black one, as it blends with the seal.

as i said mine lasted years lol

Has anyone noticed how the roof black lining doesn't sit flush with the window seal, there is a big hole between them, and you get crud going in and then weed coming out. Seems like an under thought on the part of Honda, poor design.