What's new

Windscreen washer jet nozzle

jammy_rex

Members
Reaction score
Car
03 2.0 i-VTEC EX
Hi All.... My driver's side washer jet appears to be blocked good and proper. Back in 2013, I remember searching on this forum and I found some sort of guide, with photos, as to how to remove the washer jets. I can't find it now though frustratingly! I actually followed the guide at the time and it was successful, and recall that I soaked the nozzles in hot water/baking soda solution which seemed to do the trick.

I've since sold the Accord onto my Dad (I've got a Civic now) and the jet has blocked again. I've searched this forum and can't seem to find the guide, and can'm remember what I did to remove the nozzle...

I just need some advice on how to remove the driver's side jet, as per the photo, do I just have to get my hand in through the gap and pull off the rubber hose, does the nozzle then come out? It's a tight gap!:

It seems like a strange and impractical design, and I don't want to break anything! I'm wondering if I have to remove more of the plastic surrounding the nozzle to gain proper access... Thanks in advance for any advice you can give, I really need to get this done so that my Dad can see through the windscreen properly in this winter weather!

Kev

I've managed to clear nozzles with guitar string, and running a high detergent level in the water for a while.

Thanks for the replies. Our car is a 2003. I see that ebay link states 2006 to to 2008. Do we know if they changed the design compared to the pre-facelift? It really didn't look like the whole thing came off like that, it looked moulded into the big plastic panel!

Well I got the jets out, it was a tight squeeze, just about managed to get to the barb and squeeze it out on the drivers side. Soaked in white vinegar and baking soda, then blew through the nozzle from beneath, and the dirt that had been blocking it flew out. Reattached to the rubber pipe and all appears to be working again. What a fiddly design though!!!

Thanks for your help.