What's new

windscreen washers

bob_t

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord executive 2.4
Hey guys and gals,

Thought everything was working perfectly on the car until i realised the windscreen washers arent working. Thought ok they must be empty so topped up the bottle but it didnt take an amount that i thought an empty tank would take, upon investigation i dont seem to hear the pump running, unless its super quiet. I found the post on the forum listing each fuse and their function and saw that the windscreen washers are on the same fuse as the electric sunroof (sunroof is working). So my questions are does that mean my pump is gubbed? and if so has anyone ever done this job and if so how easy is it?

Cheers
Robert

Could be blocked jets....try disconnecting them and then running the pump.....

The pump is on the drivers side wheel arch, have a good listen with the engine off. You should hear a noise. However these cars do suffer from blocked jets. If it is a blocked jet be extra careful unblocking them with anything as they are plastic and can be damaged easily

I used a thing drawing pin to adjust mine but IIRC they were metal jets in a plastic housing. If they are plastic, it should work just don't go mad with it.

Thanks again for the replys guys,
unfortunately after clearing the jets and checking the fuse the pump appears to be dead as a dodo. I'll need to do a bit of digging and see how to get into it, and check how much i can get a pump for.

Regards,
Bob