What's new

without being sexist can i say...

toffee_pie

Members
Reaction score
Car
Legacy 3.0R SpecB
Women drivers are hopeless and should stick to pushing prams...

I don't have to be no more than 10 feet behind a vehicle and can tell if a woman is driving. they are uselss ffs,, labouring around and generally not very good at all.

Up here in Scotland they are ***** drivers, i think down south there maybe a marked improvement.

Steady on Eric.

Women are usually better drivers, more careful etc. etc. It hurts our male pride but its well documented :) we crash more because we are more likely to drive carelessly for whatever reasons :lol:

My girlfriend is a good driver, although she used to absolutely cane it in the Prelude when the traffic cleared up :lol: she hops between all of our cars without any trouble too, and that's something I think is a sign of a good driver - it's amazing how many people are rubbish as soon as they get in a car they don't drive regularly. I can say this with conviction due to all the test drives I've 'enjoyed' :( best one ever is people who've never driven an auto before - I was putting my seatbelt on in a car park once and almost had my face put through the dash. Laura on the other hand jumped in an auto for the first time and drove it beautifully. The only problem she's ever had with another car was parking the VW's without power steering - she's just not strong enough to turn the wheel whilst stationary so it takes her a few moves to park.

I find in my area that there's no hard and fast rule as to who's s****, practically everyone drives at least 10mph under the limit though, 40 in a 60 seems to be especially popular here too which I find infuriating, I'd say almost all drivers round here do this. Nobody can reverse either, which is annoying as the road leading away from my house is always blocked on one side by parked cars. So many people refuse to reverse when it's my right of way because they get stuck after about 5 feet of going backwards and weaving all over the place! Makes me laugh as I can reverse along there almost as fast as I can go forwards - I don't budge anymore though just out of principle, I just turn the car off :lol: I just don't understand how they can't reverse, I know it's not the proper way but just keep swapping between watching your wing mirrors to check clearance either side and checking the rear view mirror for things behind you. Be really gentle with the steering wheel and just boot it, job done :lol: but seriously, even reversing slowly would be fine so long as they could do it in a straight line rather than bouncing off the pavement every few feet.

Not much annoys me then :lol:

Statistically women crash more but they tend to be silly things like car park dings, reversing into cars etc , Men crash less but cause more damage like trying to take a bend at 80mph and wrapping it round a lampost or sticking it in a hedge :lol:

I've noticed women drivers tend to brake really late and hard.

Statistics don't take into account mileage. My mum hasn't crashed for 35 years, because she doesn't drive! She has a driving licence so is included in statistics. Also men tend to have the driving jobs like travelling salesmen, taxi drivers, truckers/couriers etc. whereas women tend to do more around town driving (a bit sweeping I know but you know what I mean), so again men are in a position where they're more likely to crash - it's way unfair to use those statistics to claim one is 'better' than the other.

It's not sexist though, men and women are different, no point fighting it. Women can do lots of jobs at the same time and finish them all quicker than a man can. Men can do one job to a better standard than a woman. That's another sweeping generalisation I know, there'll be exceptions of course, but generally that is true.

Forget women, how about old farts. Today I was stuck for 20 minutes between an old man in a Civic doing 40 in a 60 with too much oncoming traffic to overtake and behind me was a grandma in a Yarris with her full beams on. Despite much hazard light and rear fog light action, she didn't take the hint. So annoying!!!

Eventually, there was a safe point to overtake, dunked into 2nd and hammered past on full throttle. With the CAI, must have given them a scare ***uming they weren't so deaf they didn't hear it :lol: .

But in all that, they were doing frustrating and poor quality driving 20mph below the going speed and driving with high beams on, yet I'm sure they'll be shaking their heads thinking I'm a thug when I overtake them, removing myself from the hazardous situation of being blinded in my mirrors and having to preempt random and unnecessary braking from the driver in front :huh: .

know what you mean, few things i hate apart from slow drivers who should walk are

a) said slow drivers who flash at you when you pass them out...

OMG..!! i am not allowed pass out anyone driving so slow... my bad

b> idiots who pass you out only to turn off 100 yards further up the road... ughhhhhh why?