What's new

Woden "things", do they pop out?

Vasco Reloaded

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Sedan 2.0i Es
Hello, first let me apologise for not knowing the name of these things(imitating wood):

Do the pop out like clips or are they glued? I though i should ask first instead of trying to remove them, i´m afraid i might break something.
I´m going to put "carbon like" on them.

Thanks in advance

The door ones are held in with pins... You pull that off? Youll break it.., youll needy change the door card.. The one above glovebox is screwed in..

As above, the glove box one is easy to remove as it's screwed in. I've been wanting to remove the ones on the door as I want to carbon wrap them but don't want to break them either by removing them.

If anyone has a good technique for this l'll happily give it a go.

I took the door card off and pulled the trim off. to refit the trim i just heat wielded back to the door card ;)

As said the door panels are held on with pin like things and you need to snip them off, you can't put them back on the same way so what you can do is put them back in with double sided tape. I plan on retrimming the door panels on mine in the summer and will look into a more usable solution. Thinking of gluing on a nut to the panel that can be screwed on and off.

I got a spare set ATR door cards for mine. I cut off my old(wood effect) ones off my original door cards. I did this so I could re-use my original metal clips to hold the new one's in place. Then with a wire cutter I cut the metal clips off the ATR door cards so I could remove the trim without any damage.

Ok, so i did it. The way they are fixed is like exec said...pretty nasty imo. Had to take all door panels to take them out, and the one on the dashboard...omg, what a pita to remove. Anyway, did it and glued it with double sided tape in case i get tired of the carbon look. I did the same on the center console woden fascia. The car looks way better now.

That looks great :) and good to hear it went well.

I have bought a load of bolts and nuts and have done a test with some other things to see if it will hold well, so far so good, just need to find time to do it on the real thing and see if it will work.