What's new

Worth buying?

Peteeccles

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda accord Ex
Some of you may know I have had paint fade problems with my 06 tourer in milano red. It only has 20,000 miles and is an 2.0ltr ex but the paint is an issue that is only going to get worse.

The dealership is offering to give me £8,000 trade in on mine and sell me a 56 plate facelift diesel sport tourer with 79,000 miles in graphite pearl grey with the balance being £1,500 for me to pay..

Is it worth doing the deal? Should I be bothered about high mileage on a diesel?

thanks in anticipation......

Pete

Thats almost 60k miles to yours i would say don't bother and get a respray.If your paying £1.500 more as well that will cover most of the cost.

If the only reason is the paint fade, then a good mop will sort that out its very common on bright red cars. No need for drastic action

Unless you actually are looking for a change of model/engine, I don't understand why you would do this? Just take it to a decent bodyshop for a paint correction or buy the buffer and tools and practise on an old panel and then DIY.

Agree with Fahad. You could go from a car that can be sorted with no issues to a car with problems down the line that costs you more to change. Having swapped and changed a lot myself recently I'd keep on to a good one if you can.

repaint is way cheaper option than swapping car, a Milano red from PPG with dupont lacquer finish will resist the fade,
Mialno red orange lacquer is the primary root cause of the fade the base coat does not fade.

the above combo will last a few year more than the factory finish.

Thanks for all your posts they have helped. Re the respray PPG? how much are we talking i've been quoted in the region of £2000? Would a polish not further weaken the paint and make it fade quicker?

Cheers

Pete