What's new

XCarlink Usage Questions

eddypolak

Members
Reaction score
Car
06 Type S 2.0
For the USB/SD Card version of Xcarlink I read on their website ' Songs must be placed in designated folders on the flash drive. The folders must be named CD01,CD02, ...up to CD10, though some vehicles, such as Mazda 6 will support up to CD10.' I suppose there's a typo in there - maybe with some cars it goes up to CD 100 rather than 10? Can anyone who's actually got one of these working (pref in a 7th Gen with NAV and CD changer) confirm what the virtual CD limit is please?

I have already read earlier postings regarding this device but if you've anything new to add about the usage experience in general I'd be pleased to hear it. Thank you!

I've got this version, and I think at the moment I'm up to about 20 CDs. I have a strong suspicion the virtual CD limit will be 99. But for now every so often I add another one and it's fine, as its got up to 20 or so I see no reason why it wouldn't go to 99, (just putting a 2 digit limit on it), in my case time will tell.

I've got 8 folders on mine never tried to go higher but I will now if this works. I believe the limit is 99 songs to each CD/folder though.

Mine for some reason errors everytime I get to the end of CD/folder 5 if I unplug the USB stick and plug it back in its ok again

I've got this version, and I think at the moment I'm up to about 20 CDs. I have a strong suspicion the virtual CD limit will be 99. But for now every so often I add another one and it's fine, as its got up to 20 or so I see no reason why it wouldn't go to 99, (just putting a 2 digit limit on it), in my case time will tell.

I think that logic is likely to be sound - thank you!

The good thing is that it can work as hands free also. Just plug 3.5mm aux cable (comes in package) to mobile phone and it will work. Only thing is when phone rings you must unplug SD card and answer on the phone. It doesnt have microphone but it works really fine on my HTC - placed infront of shift knob compartment.

I've got this with the bluetooth option, which I highly recommend. I use an 8GB SD card (I've got up to 16 folders at the moment and agree that it will probably go to 99) when my phone rings it cuts the music and I can answer the phone by pressing the bluetooth switch

Is it not that the head unit can access 6 CD's (multi changer) and therefore the Xcarlink duplicates the disc number so the 1 - 6 disc selector buttons still work?
You can then have 6 x 99 tracks. How many bloody tracks do you guys listen to?? :)

I got 9519 on my ipod... Hence I won't be using pseudo CD numbers.