What's new

Yet Further New Modifications ;)

J4JAV

Mr OCD Detailing
Reaction score
Car
Accord CL7 & ATR
Hey Guys,

Firstly yes I have been off the forum a while, have been on to check a few things like new posts from time to time etc... but not had much time to post, been busy with my best friends wedding first of all, which ran most part of July then straight after Ramadan started and then back to work! :( so do apologise I haven't been participating as much as i would have liked to... but all that apart i have been spending some time with the Accord, with yet again a few tasteful mods ;) well to my liking anyway lol, so lets see what you think of them ;)

As many know I sourced a pair of ATR calipers a while back so this is how I got them... yes as bad as this :( very cheap tho! ;)

1.jpg

2.jpg

send them off to get done like this for only £15 for the pair including the carriers...

4.jpg

3.jpg

then came along full set of pads and discs all round, new pistons and seal kit too...

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Didn’t want to get my iPhone/camera dirty through the fitting process, but as many other guides on here, straight fit as usual... used the old pad retainers too, bit of cleaning and elbow grease sorted that...

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

Then had the pleasure of a 4 day weekend "ownership" lol of this Audi Q7 3.0 TDI, which inspired my next two mods ;)

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

Firstly was 'Puddle Lights' but on mine they were going to be LED, here are some pics of the process, used standard 10mm led bulbs in white, sanded the bulb to create more of a diffused effect, works great and they really do show puddles when raining ;) all wiring tucked away and this mood I have to say does look OEM, has to been seen for real to be appreciated!

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

As I order 10 of those LED bulbs, they were only a couple of quid on eBay I decided to make full use of them... so here is the ashtray LED bulb...

29.jpg

30.jpg

Also the Q7 had foot well lighting, when you open the doors it gives a warm white light, mine at the moment is a blue LED, which is really bright at night, then when you shut the doors in the Q7 the light go out and change to a really nice/dim white LED light which stays on throughout the time the headlights are on... they call it an ambient light.. so did this as well... no pictures but I am in the process of uploading two HD videos (taking their time lol) and you can see the puddle LED's & ambient lights in full effect changing from the foot well to a dimmer LED light.

just waiting on the two videos to be uploaded guys, here is one so far that's done

one more to go, in about 20minutes or so...

:)

wWOAH..lol welcome back bro, loving the mods very original bro and they look super cool...iv also removed the footwell lighting(mine were bright blue as well) i also wanted to do something were the lights go out when the doors are shut..so im ***uming you going to do the same? if so are you going to wire it up to the festoon light in the roof lining...?ahhh so juding by the video its already hooked up to the interior festoon lights i take it..

Thanks guys :) Sufian no I havent removed them I have added an extra dim LED bulb wired to the side lights, so when door are shut, blue ones fade out and white ones appear at night :) and yes wired to the festoon, the blue ones of course as well as the LED puddle lights... I will be uploading a video of them in a minute so you can see how they work

that looks super cool bro,well impressed :) , i think im going to have buy some dimmer leds and wire these to the festoon so they go out like yours bud(az mine were on all the time,they were hooked up to the headlights)but this is a good mod bud... B)

Thanks bro :) something like this is what you need

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10x-Pre-wired-10mm-Bright-White-LEDs-Prewired-12V-LED-/350445544942?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item51982ea5ee#ht_1053wt_1139

make sure they come with holders, just makes life alot easier when fitting, and then you need some fine sand paper/even emery cloth and rub down the led bulb itself, the more u sand down the more diffused look you will get and also will get red of that spot circle shine too, so better light spread/output

thanks for the link bro, your help is hugely appreciated as always bro :) , im also thinking about placing 1-2 leds inside the cup holder bit too(but this will be hooked up to the glove compartment light,so it comes on with the headlight)again like you said ill prob sand down the tip so it gives it the diffused look rather than the spot look...

that seems like a good idea too bro :) but you could just wire it to the ashtray light, that comes on with the sidelights anyway same as the glove box ;) will make it a lil easier for you in terms of wiring / routing :) u got me thinking about this now too lol

that seems like a good idea too bro :) but you could just wire it to the ashtray light, that comes on with the sidelights anyway same as the glove box ;) will make it a lil easier for you in terms of wiring / routing :) u got me thinking about this now too lol

lol...bro thats and excellent idea about wiring it the ashtray light(forgot all about that) NICE ONE :) , bro dont think about it, LETS GET IT DONE, it can be our little mod,what do ya say... ;) (if only you lived closer bro)

i was thinking some like this bro(p.s these images are from a camero)

CupHolderlight1.jpg

CupHolderlight2.jpg

Good goin bro! B)

As always dude it looks great!

thanks for the comments guys! :) there is one more mod but keeping that hush hush at the moment though ;) not sure what it will turn out like lol just waiting for a parcel to come over from china lol

Very nice Jav i have factory Ambient lights in mine but to be honest there not that bright i might have to upgrade the lamps.

Jav that looks amazing mate. How does the car feel with new brakes? I bet its responsive now.

The puddle lights look ace bro. I did that mod to my sister Almera a while back and they still look amazing to this day. Same principle I had them fitted in the mirrors.

I do like them white led strips.

Q7 looks ace bro, love them motors

thanks Shabz! yeh brakes are brilliant! very sharp, was a few teething problems at first but okay now though lol, stopping distances have shortened alot lol

Nice on Jav - how did you sort the pedal problem out, did it need a full bleed?

thanks Shabz! yeh brakes are brilliant! very sharp, was a few teething problems at first but okay now though lol, stopping distances have shortened alot lol
Brakes always do take a little time to settle in.

yep Fahad a full bleed sorted out the problem :) thanks for you help bro. looks like some air got trapped somewhere along the lines, better still at least the fluid has been changed :)

there is one slight issue tho, the drivers side caliper does get hotter than the other, but this could be down to one caliper being from a legend and the other from a type r... I need to see yours some day to see if the legend ones are actually the same as type r ones, could be that the legend ones fit on the back of the disc as opposed to the front so this would affect the position of the pistons as one is smaller... will hve to check out yours though to be sure :)

I'm not sure what you mean bro - how do mean it fits to the back of the disc?

When you put both calipers side by side, were they not the same? Can you cross check the part numbers for the Legend caliper with the Prelude caliper?

After I saw your caliper had been clean like that, I'm so jealous..lol, how and who did you had this done? And same question, are the calipers not came from the same car? how they work on your car? I'm still hadn't fit to my car yet... Oh, did you buy brand new pistons from Honda? Many thanks..