What's new

155k Full Engine Service

tony32

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord CTDI
That time of year again for a service, gave Holdcraft a call and the following day all the service items arrived, excellent service and great price. Found servicing the Accord a pleasure compared to some of my previous cars, the fuel filter has a hard to get to bolt but nothing major.

Engine cover off.

IMAG0228.jpg

Started by draining the oil as I had warmed it up a bit to thin the oil, one 10mm bolt to remove to gain access to the 17mm sump bolt.
6L of dirty 0w30

IMAG0244.jpg

Left the oil to drain while I removed the oil filter.

IMAG0233.jpg

New filter and seals on.

IMAG0234-1.jpg

Filter back in and tightened to the correct torque.

IMAG0235.jpg

Oil still draining, time to remove the airbox, unplug the afm, undo a couple of 10mm bolts remove the boost and cold feed and out it comes.

IMAG0229-1.jpg

Then moved onto the fuel filter mine had a man filter fitted just before I bought it not had any running issues but wanted a genuine filter for peace of mind.

Removed the primer cover.

IMAG0230.jpg

Removed the primer from it's holder. and removed the filter cover.

IMAG0237.jpg

Then for the tricky 10mm bolt on the rear of the filter housing. Used the below to get to it.

IMAG0240-1.jpg

IMAG0239-1.jpg

Then removed the in and out feeds blocked the pipes with some clean bolts and clipped the out of the way, also capped the filer pipes to stop fuel leaking out during removal.

IMAG0242.jpg

Old man filter

IMAG0248-1.jpg

Fitted the new filter in reverse order, pumped the primer until hard and removed any trapped air by undoing the bleed bolt and pumped a few more times.

Installed the new air filter and the air box back in the car.

Reinstalled the sump bolt with new washer and filled the engine with some Honda 0w30.

IMAG0246.jpg

Reconnected the battery as I wanted the ecu to reset, and started it up keeping an eye on the oil pressure light.

Engine seems quieter and smother than before so all ready for another 12months.

Nice work, wish i had the patience & know how to work on mine like this. ;)

Nice work Anthony and some good pics too. Great stuff

See theres all this hype that you have to use genuine filters, i think thats a bit s**** to be honest as the above hes using a MANN filter which is the closest your going to get to a genuine filter and they supply most german car companies like BMW, Mercedes and Audi

See theres all this hype that you have to use genuine filters, i think thats a bit s**** to be honest as the above hes using a MANN filter which is the closest your going to get to a genuine filter and they supply most german car companies like BMW, Mercedes and Audi
The Mann filter isn't the nearest you can get - the original filters fitted by Honda to the 7th gen are made by either Bosch (pre-facelift models) or Denso (facelift models).

However, it is interesting that the Mann filter appeared to do an OK job. But I'll stick to Bosch, thanks.

The Mann filter isn't the nearest you can get - the original filters fitted by Honda to the 7th gen are made by either Bosch (pre-facelift models) or Denso (facelift models).

However, it is interesting that the Mann filter appeared to do an OK job. But I'll stick to Bosch, thanks.
Bosch ARE NOT OE i know i sell them, MANN are so are Denso. MANN is'nt the nearest sorry they are and so are ADL Blueprint but there not as good as MANN Thanks

I suspect you're about to unleash a s***storm of replies!

EDIT: I see in your second sentence that you say that "Mann isn't the nearest" :huh:

...You realise we're talking about diesels?

No not at all, just trying to help and to stop people like you putting false knowledge out there!
Well 'people like me' are always keen to be put straight by someone like you with superior knowledge. Why do Honda sell Bosch filters as replacements for the pre-facelift 7th gen?

No point arguing over such a trivial matter guys. It's a part that really only needs doing once every two years... just buy an original from Honda and don't worry about it. For the sake of saving a fiver or whatever, the hour you'll spend fitting it and then another half hour removing it.. you'll just wish you went for the Honda part anyway.

Iv owned a diesel 7 gen as my last car so will agree with Fahad on a OEM FF

Nice work pal. Good writeup on the service.
In terms of fuel filter only but a genuine Honda one as these engines are very fussy.

Nice work pal. Good writeup on the service.
In terms of fuel filter only but a genuine Honda one as these engines are very fussy.

I didn't even enquire about an after market filter as the kit I got from HH was very reasonably priced, but as people have said no point in trying to save a few quid only to find you have to do it again in six months.

Since the service we have been down to Devon again, 600 mile round trip, mpg is better than it has ever been so the service has definitely made a difference.