What's new

18" aftermarket on 2007 Tourer

PointMan

Members
Reaction score
Car
ATS CL9
Hi guys,

I'm looking into getting new rims for my Tourer, 18" is the size I'm interested in.

What kind of wheel design will look good on it?

Please, if you can, show me examples!

Thanks
P-H, Sweden

I'm in the same boat. I'd like something a bit chunkier on my touring.

These are my faves tbh.............

SIDEDRIVER.jpg

The best 18" rim ever made for the Accord was the Storm.

Yep storms are lovely wheels IMO

I really don't like the storm for some reason. Too 'flat' and I'm not keen on the smoked yet shiny finish.

What do you think about these?

Dare GTS:
gts1.jpg

Will they look good on the Tourer?

Im interested in this question too. Can I ask what alloys are named the storm? which company produces these?

They are Honda OEM.
2dx_08w17_smg_601b-b-qpr_LRG.jpg

storms look terrible imho, especially for the price you prob be paying, keep looking for alloys buddy,there is a million and one to choose from,may i ask are you planning on lowering the the accord???

I like them :D

Does changing to 18" wheels affect the insurance much/at all?

It will depend on your risk category i would have thought, but it isn't worth not telling them.

guys i insured my 18's cost me £30 on top,but its a piece of mind at the end of the day

I have been weighing up getting some new wheels for my saloon.
I would rather keep the car completely honda, but the wheels are so expensive new, and anything second hand is usually in dire need of a strip and paint at best. At worst, you could end up buying a set of wheels that are buckled, and good luck trying to get the money back off the vendor.

Is there much difference in ride quality, turning circle etc. when you hop up a size from 16 to 17, or even 16 to 18?

I think five spoke suits the car really well.

In my opinion the storms really suit an Accord but then again my opinion is biased. However other options would be 18" Honda Blade alloys or Mazda RX8 wheels which you can see on Monks old car.

The ride quality is affected when moving to 18", especially if you are jumping from 16". However its not too bad and is manageable. Just be careful of pot holes etc which goes without saying. Other than that its slightly more harsher but not a great amount. It wouldn't and hasn't put me off upgrading.

In my opinion the storms really suit an Accord but then again my opinion is biased. However other options would be 18" Honda Blade alloys or Mazda RX8 wheels which you can see on Monks old car.

The ride quality is affected when moving to 18", especially if you are jumping from 16". However its not too bad and is manageable. Just be careful of pot holes etc which goes without saying. Other than that its slightly more harsher but not a great amount. It wouldn't and hasn't put me off upgrading.

How did it affect your gas mileage?

Just make sure the company that makes your alloys is a reputable one..avoid company's like foxes, they alloys are just not for show, remember your it is a safety critical. Part of the car bud, so avoid cheap unheard of companies and cheap replicas ...

Are there ANY potential problems with the VSA developing a fault if you increase the wheel size?

I'm not aware of any problems Andy mate... I had the vSA module replaced before I got my 18x8 alloy wheels and not a problem ....

My insurers told me if I went up to 18s I'd be looking at a 20% increase in my premium :eek: . I'm 27 and have a clean driving history :huh: .

Still young fella...They still punish you even when you are my grand old age :blush:

My insurers told me if I went up to 18s I'd be looking at a 20% increase in my premium :eek: . I'm 27 and have a clean driving history :huh: .
Try adding them on after you take out the policy...ended up costing me £30 pounds extra

Try adding them on after you take out the policy...ended up costing me £30 pounds extra