What's new

2.0 petrol clutch replacement cost?

Churley

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord
I've been in the market for an accord for the past couple of months. Each car I try there is a slight clutch slip and the front suspension is sloppy/knocking.

I've asked a couple of dealers and independents in the South Devon area and each says around £700 to fix the clutch, posibly more, plus at least the same to change suspension bushes. I have so far found one car without the problem but it sold before I got the chance to view. This is starting to put me off and I'm thinking about just getting an auto!

Can anyone tell me if the prices I have been quoted are realistic for a new clutch? Also how much for new bushes and ball joints? They seem cheap parts so is there a load of labour involved?

welcome..if your thinking about getting a 7th gen accord.i would say get the 2.4...its only slightly more to run.but has massive tuning potential.6 speed box.

as for clutch change i think the clutch is around £250+ 7 ish hours labour.

i changed all front bushes brought from honda iirc they where £120 for 6 bushes 3 each side.it does mean removing the bottem wishbone.i think it took nearly 2 hours

where is south devon are you?im in north devon.

there is a great place in plymouth that did my clutch and crossed gear ratio change for me.i will try and remember the place.they where very good

the parts arent the expensive bit its the labour, iv saved a fortune as i do all my work, do you have friends that can do it, or get a mobile mechanic, they try to be a lot cheaper than a garage to get the work

I've had a quote from my local garage I use and labour time for clutch change (CL9 2.4) is 7 hours (same as above), so plus the clutch kit its about £500-£600

parts aren't expensive, erm

check the price for boot joints and a clutch on lings.

600-800 is about the going rate for a clutch change on the accord.

Thanks for the info, seems they are quoting fair prices and I should factor that in to the price as most seem to need it at around 80-100k.

I'm in Exeter, sadly very few 7th gen accords on the road here.

Anyone interested of getting new clutch kit, just check internet, You can get OEM clutch for 145 pounds from this website underneth. I was buying few things for my Accord and everything comes with Honda dealer invoice. Other option, just look on ebay i try get Exedy od Aisin clutch. That always will save you money witch you can put on labour.

http://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/2003-2008-accord-clutch-kits-c-14_35_781.html