What's new

2.2 DTEC EGR VALVE

G.aw78

Reaction score
Car
CRV 2.2 DTEC EX AUTO
Has anyone replaced/cleaned the EGR valve on the 2.2 DTEC engine? It looks like an absolute c*nt of a job. Can it be done from the top or does the exhaust need to come off? Its a rusty mess that will end up with sheared bolts if I even look at them the wrong way!

Your exhaust manifold is at the front, the egr is at the rear. It’s not a job I would recommend doing, you are likely to do more damage than good. Besides these suffer with cracked bypass pipes, better to blank and map out for good, the car will run much better.

Your exhaust manifold is at the front, the egr is at the rear. It’s not a job I would recommend doing, you are likely to do more damage than good. Besides these suffer with cracked bypass pipes, better to blank and map out for good, the car will run much better.
Yes the £200 cracked egr pipe I've done one before. I thought about mapping it out but its catch 22, I'll still need to remove it to put a blanking plate in

Nope you only need to cap it at the front between the manifold and bypass pipe, it’s just 2 (often seized) bolts

Ah right, just at the front before it goes onto the pipe that cracks?
Is this the correct blanking plate?

Yep that’s the one, and then it will need correctly mapping out.

Interesting, I had the engine out and decided to give the EGR a good clean. It wasn't blocked but still ended up removing quite a bit of soot and the EGR valve is nice and shiny now. Decided to replace the gaskets as well since it's way behind the motor.
That said, I'm in Northern Ireland and may be interested in this EGR delete, anyone know anyone who can map it out?

If you’re happy to send the ecu over then yes I can deal with it. Drop me a line.