What's new

2 Stroke oil in your ictdi

I have been adding 2T mineral (Exol of course lol) now since January to our delivery transit now I have to be honest I have not monitored mpg so I would not know if there is a benefit there, the main difference is the running of the engine, on start up it's much quiter and seems to run much smoother when warm so it's on that basis I will keep up the practice as I figure a smoother engine must be a good thing.
Quantity I have been using is about 500 ml per tank which 60 odd litres

Thanks for the feedback Tony!

Just out of interest what diesel engine is in your transit?

I've added yesterday castrol 2t oil,so far what I noticed is that engine runs smoother. I added 250ml ml next time I'll put 300ml per tank :)

Thanks for the feedback Tony!

Just out of interest what diesel engine is in your transit?
Its a 110 T280 TDCI it does a lot of miles i use Exol UHPD 5w30 engine oil and with the 2T oil added to the fuel it runs well

Hah, keeping up with all these hidden posts is fun! ;) Tomorrow Ill get my hands on halfords stuff and see how it goes. Got around 100 miles to make, plenty to test it out. Oh yeah!

I won't be trying the 2 stroke trick I don't think, what with diesel pumps and ***ociated gubbins being (as a very technical friend of mine described them) jewel like creations. I trust Shell to engineer their V-Power diesel to do everything a modern engine needs - it doesn't wax at low temperatures and is designed perfectly well to lubricate the parts required. I was considering the idea, but now think it's just not worth it, will stick to servicing to get the smooth running the Honda Diesel is built for, rather than playing with home chemistry experiments.
+1. Think ill leave it too the experts, no offence meant to anyone who's doing it.

I'm a fan, so far, of adding the 2 stroke into the tank. Main benefit I've seen so far is a smoother and quieter car on start-up. Mine isn't the quietest Accord out there anyway so anything that makes a difference, plus experimenting with Shell V-power, is worth it to me.

What I'm wandering is it ok to put 2 stroke in with a fuel additive like millers diesel sport? I know they're doing different jobs just wandered whether it's advisable adding the two things into a tank at the same time?

cheers

Hi guys

I filled up the accord yesterday with some diesel and the car has run about 50 miles. Is it okay to add some 2s oil to it now or should I wait till the next fill up? Also in future should I add the oil first then fill up the car with diesel or does it not really matter.

Cheers

I would say it will be fine.But in future i would put the oil in 1st as this will mix better with the diesel.If i add any fuel additives i always put this in 1st then fill to the brim.

Do you put it in then drive to the petrol station though, thereby putting 90% 2S oil through the engine? Or do you put it in once on the forecourt, so you're holding everyone up and not even using the pump?

I would say it will be fine.But in future i would put the oil in 1st as this will mix better with the diesel.If i add any fuel additives i always put this in 1st then fill to the brim.

Thanks Brett

I purchased some 2s oil from Tesco they have them on offer at half price at the moment (£2.46 for a ltr bottle). So if anyone is thinking of trying this experiment they might want to pop down to a local tesco.

Do you put it in then drive to the petrol station though, thereby putting 90% 2S oil through the engine? Or do you put it in once on the forecourt, so you're holding everyone up and not even using the pump?
Put in at the pump Trev

I would have thought putting it in then driving to the petrol station is not advisable as this would mess up the oil to petrol ratio. It doesn't take long tbh so just pop it in at the forecourt and fill up. I have a 500ml sized bottle which I will keep in the boot, this will be enough for around 2 hits of the stuff on each fill up.

I get a bit peed off with people at pumps who do everything but fill up with fuel though, like getting stuff out the boot, going to cashpoint, doing weekly shopping etc. So I don't think I could bare to get a bottle out the boot and stick it in the filler before even touching the pump! How embarrassing. I don't even bother with seatbelt etc. when I'm done I just jump in and get away as quick as I can.

I get a bit peed off with people at pumps who do everything but fill up with fuel though, like getting stuff out the boot, going to cashpoint, doing weekly shopping etc. So I don't think I could bare to get a bottle out the boot and stick it in the filler before even touching the pump! How embarrassing. I don't even bother with seatbelt etc. when I'm done I just jump in and get away as quick as I can.
Dont buy a petrol then Trev or you will be at the pump all the time :lol:

You could carry the bottle on you if you don't want to put it into the boot, that way it won't be as ebarrassing :lol:

Easiest solution is keep some empty 330ml water bottles, and keep these filled up to around 300ml which is what is required for a 60l fill up. Before you go to the pump keep it with you, as soon as you get out just pour the oil straight in and you can either keep the empty bottle or dispose of it (your choice) and fill up with diesel. This way you have saved time opening the boot etc, and it only takes an extra 15 secs. This is what I do anyway and have never had any problems.

I've got a load of old Red Ex bottles that I decant the 2 Stroke into and use one bottle per fill up, then reuse the bottle. I also put a bit of Red Ex in with each fill up but only do this as I bought a job lot going cheap ages ago and am still trying use it up.

i have this bottle lying around is it ok to mix it with diesel for my accord?

atyu.jpg

Petrols like 2 stroke mix too , ran the supernonsense on some 110 leaded with 2-stroke that was left over from a motorcycle race the other month .. smooth engine and a wonderful smell as a bonus :D

Always liked the smell of Castrol R when racing (Spedeworth stock cars)... didn't use it myself, but others did.

None of it smells right now it's all unleaded , Used to get a choice of lead at the pumps , Billy came out , asked what you wanted , filled up can for you ,rolled the numbers back on the main counter with the special bent screwdriver .. Bob the bitter twisted crook of a man who owned the place non the wiser .. free fuel for the crosser .. all good . Now you have to go and get race fuel to get proper 5 star and you gotta put it in yourself ... and it's not free !!!!!!

Accidentley found this thread but after some reading i decided to try it i put in esso premium diesel and some tesco 2 stroke 300ml and the engine was never a rough engine but its even smoother now. Very impressed

I going to try this soon :)

Btw , looking for 2 stroke oil I visit tesco but all they have was castrol £9, halfords have castrol and own brand still about £9 , then I when in to bnq and carlube 1l for £4.48 got it already measured 250ml in separate bottle ( used injector cleaner bottle)