What's new

2 Stroke oil in your ictdi

Great! all hope's that this will fix all issues like weld manifold, clean egr , add life to chain, clutch and dmf and do 70+mpg are gone - waste of £5
Lol
Maybe if you really, really believe strongly enough, then all these things will come true?

I did notice a difference within the 1st tank full, much more noticeable on a cold start.

Sam said:
Ahmed, the thoughts are that it reacts with the diesel so that the fuel gives a more complete burn and of course it is a lubricant, so gives added lubricity to parts that need it, ie. fuel pump. From personal experience, my car runs smoother, quieter, and every time i've used it I seem to get a few extra mpg. However, the mpg could be down to the fact that i'm enjoying the extra smoothness from the engine and driving accordingly (this is more than likely the reason for my extra mpg)
Monks said:
Yep that will be fine mate, however stick it in when you fill up as otherwise it wont mix properly.

The 2 stroke oil will emulsify with the diesel and once this reaction has occurred it will never separate again. The 2 stroke provides a more complete clean burn of the diesel and has the advantage of lubricating the fuel pump. Over the 18 months I used it I notice a slight increase in MPG probably made it near cost neutral in reality but the smoother and quieter engine in the cold months made it worth while in my eyes.
2 reasons for me to give it a go then in my eyes :) especially as my car is on 140000 miles

iar1980 said:
I have serached around the internet about this and on most car forums those who have used it swear by it.

Most are of the opinion not to use this on newer cars with DPF. No expert on this. Apart from that on some forums experts of relevant manufacturers have recommended it (unofficially).
was gunna say, doesnt it effect DPF's, cats, egr's and possibly the emissions.

It's got 'something' (possibly sulphur compounds?) added to make it a decent lubricant as well as a fuel, so it probably will adversely affect emissions... but nothing that would affect the MoT. And it's low ash, so shouldn't cause any DPF or cat problems.

Jon_G said:
It's got 'something' (possibly sulphur compounds?) added to make it a decent lubricant as well as a fuel, so it probably will adversely affect emissions... but nothing that would affect the MoT. And it's low ash, so shouldn't cause any DPF or cat problems.
thats good to no, how many 8th genners have done this as this thread seems to be high on the 7th gen side, would love to try this but only if it was safe to do so.

just wondering what mileages are you guys on when you started adding 2T in to your tanks ?

i have a old polo TDI and i use to stick 1lt of petrol in to a full tank and run smooth as anything, but its a old 2000 reg car so will take anything as its a VW with 190k lol... iv ran 2T in the polo before too and its been great..

so just wondering what mileages are your engine on when started 2T ?

ToothlessDrunk said:
Petrols like 2 stroke mix too , ran the supernonsense on some 110 leaded with 2-stroke that was left over from a motorcycle race the other month .. smooth engine and a wonderful smell as a bonus http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/biggrin.gif
Must be running some serious squish!
I run 0.8mm with a 40% band on a 125, and only use 98ron.

I'm keen on this 2T idea as it makes sense in theory.
Will give it a go and see how it fares.