What's new

2007 i-CTDi diesel

BSR67

Members
Reaction score
Car
2007 Accord I-CDTi
All,

I have a 2007 Accord 2.2 Diesel Sport with almost 190k on the clock. Been immensely reliable.

However, I'm getting 'emissions' smells in the cabin when the car is stationary, which completely disappear when the car is moving.

Had it up on the ramp at my local garage on Thursday and we could not find an exhaust leak or blow anywhere. There is no soot, noise, or other visible or audible sign of leakage.

There is a hose that is, broadly, to the left of the drivers left foot exiting under the car. The mechanic thinks the smell is coming out of that - but I suspect it is a drain for the heater?

Car pulls strongly, not knocks or rattles, super economic, drives like a 50k car. Does not use any oil.

Any suggestions? Slightly blocked breather?

Does need an oil change.

Thanks

BSR67

Hi most likely a cracked exhaust manifold. Very common and is covered by Honda under extended warranty for 125k miles or 7 years (whichever comes first). It's not always easily visible but once you take the manifold off you'll see the cracks.

My mechanic can offer a fixed price repair at the workshop in Bradford, drop me a line if you need details.

Only other thing to check for is a leaking injector seal. Lift off the engine cover and look for any oily residue around the injectors. It should be completely dry

Thank you.

Did some searching and found threads about the crack issue. Suspect this is the problem - when placing my nose at the back of the engine, drivers side, it smells.

About to advertise the car for sale. I'll chip the price heavily and advise of the problem. I'm picking up a replacement car on Friday.

Bizarrely, I didn't realise this was the issue when choosing a new car. Purely coincidence.

I am having the same problem. 08 Tourer with 147k on clock. No hope with Warranty! Genuine Honda replacement €688.66 for parts alone!!! :(
Can anybody advise if they have fitted this part:
http://www.ebay.ie/itm/EXHAUST-MANIFOLD-REPLACMENT-HONDA-CIVIC-UFO-ACCORD-CR-F-FR-V-2-2i-CTDI-2002-2011-/200975735049?hash=item2ecb165909:g:2yUAAMXQC-tTDmK3

Supplier has mainly good reviews. Due to age and mileage, I'm not sure about spending €1,200+ on this problem if I can do better with OEM.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

I personally would just get it re-welded properly. That way it eliminates the ebay crap that will no doubt give you more hassle. The quality of products out there recently has been shocking!

Funny, I have exactly the same sort of symptom, although it's most noticeable in the winter (cold) and much less noticeable in the other 3 seasons (warmer). I'll look for a welder..

Phone Honda first and explain the problem to them. They might cover the cost of parts and labour, meet you half way on price, or a plain 'no'.