What's new

66-01 VSA light fix

Goodluckmonkey

TA Friends
Reaction score
Car
CN2

VSA light? Don't know what you're on about mate?

Be thankful for tinted dial gauge covers, a satin black background and a gauge ***embly that just clips apart.

Total time: 15 mins. (Good vids on YouTube for removing the gauges)

Top tip: lap the tape up the gauge fascia onto the surrounding panel slightly so no light gets round the back.

:lol: That's very funny. I have a mate who did a similar thing with his airbag light on an old golf to get it through an MOT as he didn't have the time or money to sort it when it came on two days before his MOT. I should state that he did sort it later in the year.

As for your fix, I ***ume this is a temporary measure ;)

Yeah, until then I use the traction control built into my right foot, the yaw sensors in my backside, and the stability control built into my hands.

ABS functions correctly.

(That's the car ABS, not my non-abs, the christmas excesses have taken their toll)

haha nice. Its a good thing the abs as well as airbag go through a start up phase, would be ****ed if I purchased a car like that.

MOT should be checking for the light to extinguish.

Agreed. It's a case of necessity being the mother of bodgery here.

Everything else functions correctly so I'm currently in two minds about going for a permanent fix, especially as I'd be staring down £250 worth of module repair, and losing my car for a week or so to correct it.

......and now it has a new MOT.

What they don't know, etc.

Hahaha. By the time I'm finished with it in another 100k, I may as well just ghost ride it through the gates of the scrappers.

Although to be fair it does have entirely new front suspension with recent shocks and springs, pads and discs.

All the fluids including brake fluid are less than 2 months old, and the new engine, turbo and clutch are mint.

It drives like a new car, and besides the VSA issue (which I will correct properly) the only issue is a small crack in the front number plate and the spring's gone on the lid to the cupholders.

Since I changed the air filter back to a Honda one a fortnight ago it's been averaging 48 mpg too.