What's new

7th Accord

Bodey

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord Exc
wel lads!!!

When i start my accord up in the morning, its starts with no hesatation, yet before its warmed up it whales white'ish smoke from the exhaust until the cars warms up. now further investigation, (skipping a lot of other investigations into the issue) led me too the injectors, i did and stand alone injector test, using the tester which lets me test them via four chambers off the orginal injector valve nipples, this test revealed that in fact one injector is not functioning the at the same level as the other 3, therefore faulty injector, now they are around £400 from honda each, then you have to get them decoded, or programmed, this is as much as i know for the minute??????? any one had this issue???? or any similar issue with ther car???? anything would be most apprieciated lads, if anyone could shine any light on this for me!!!!! :unsure:

What do you need to know Kevy?

Injectors need to be calibrated and you need the HDS for that as far as I know.

Injectors can fail, but I think its very rare. Have them recalibrated first before you chuck good money at it.

Under the timing chain recall they replace all four injectors!

Under the timing chain recall they replace all four injectors!

How long ago was that and did you have the issue just afterward or before. Also was it a Honda dealer replacing with genuine Honda injectors?

Are the injectors seated correctly?