What's new

7th gen facelift flat wiper retrofit

crespo

TAF Member
Reaction score
Car
Accord EX 2.0 i-vtec
Very easy mod to do and takes about 5 minutes.

Tools needed,

Small Philips screwdriver.

New Facelift flat wiper blades. £25 a pair from Honda.

Most of you will already know that the passenger side wiper arm is already compatible with the newer flat wiper blade found on the facelift 7th gen Accord but the drivers side has a block on the wiper that holds the old style wiper blade steady at high speed which gets in the way of the new style flat blade.
This mod will save you buying a drivers side wiper arm which costs £60 + VAT from Honda.

All you need to do is lift the arm and look underneath the plastic block and you will see a small Philips screw holding it to the wiper, Just unscrew this and the block comes off, Then your good to go.

This picture shows the plastic block that you need to remove. (under my finger)
34d30219-7e1f-4311-9db4-21ef6c55eebc.jpg

A picture of it removed.
c7247c3d-b875-4d51-a96b-ab7f4dbd48cb.jpg

Which leaves you with this.
e9212083-8e88-4609-a8b8-699be6d63efa.jpg

That is it, Job done.

Now just install your wipers you got from Honda and stand back and admire your handy work.

From this.
84032e4d-ce52-4ee5-be9b-efcd9d6a27a6.jpg

To this.
f6661b59-f251-4180-b9ed-c992d3cd5929.jpg

I have tested this mod at motorway speeds and i get no lift or chatter from the wipers and they work perfectly.

Excellent Neil, very good work and write up, may I ask at what speed did you test this? the facelift wiper arms have a shorter spring tho

Excellent Neil, very good work and write up, may I ask at what speed did you test this? the facelift wiper arms have a shorter spring tho

I had the cruise on at 80 on the M3 and i did a go a little faster at some points. You will have to use your imagination as i don't want to promote speeding. Nothing crazy though.

Fast enough to notice if there was going to be any issues.

This was in light drizzle. Please don't go doing 80 plus in heavy rain people.

I just stole this post from another thread by Mr Honda himself, CJ.
This should clear up any confusion.
on the prefacelift the passenger side arm is fine, the facelift wiper is straight swap. but the driver side you need the facelift arm ..

The prefacelift wipers are thiner and the prefacelift arm has a tong on the arm to prevent high speed chattering and wobble .. so if you attempt to fit a facelift wiper on a preface lift arm this tong wont let it sit correctly in the rested position.

Since the facelift wiper are more aerodynamic they create there own down force preventing high speed chattering hence no need for the tong . The spring loads are the same buddy.

Neil, if this works then it's bloody fantastic as I've been looking at sourcing a facelift wiper arm myself for that cleaner look B)

Rep point well earned there mate. Please keep us posted on whether this does work but it sounds like it probably does..

Neil, if this works then it's bloody fantastic as I've been looking at sourcing a facelift wiper arm myself for that cleaner look B)

Rep point well earned there mate. Please keep us posted on whether this does work but it sounds like it probably does..

I will update the thread in a week and let everyone know if i encounter any issue's. I don't think i will as i have been playing with the new wipers a fair bit by using the washer jets at different speeds to see how they perform and so far its all good.
One advantage i have noticed compared to my old wipers is that there is no squelch sound when they reach top and bottom of the screen. A problem i had with my old style blades. The flat blades ate silent.

And thanks for the rep point. :D

Nice one Neil im glad you sorted it and it looks good.

You can get this flat type wipers from Honda?

I have flat types, but I have bosch ones. I did think that the piece (you have removed) would be a problem, but it never has been. Previous wipers I bought from Honda as well, they didn't seem to work as well nor last as long.

You can get this flat type wipers from Honda?

I have flat types, but I have bosch ones. I did think that the piece (you have removed) would be a problem, but it never has been. Previous wipers I bought from Honda as well, they didn't seem to work as well nor last as long.

These are not the retro fit type that you get from Bosch (aerotwin) or Valeo etc. These wipers are for the facelift Accord and don't have the bulge on the wiper where they connect to the arm.

I don't like the look of the bulge and wanted the OEM clean look. I have used Bosch aerotwins on a previous car and they worked perfectly but the bulge bugged me. The wipers from Honda cost the same and work as well but look cleaner imo and where they are connected to the side the arm sits a little lower as well.

Bosch Aerotwin
car_photo_388390_7.jpg

Valeo's
aero-vu-flat-wipers.jpg

i've already removed that plastic bit as I brought some retro fit aero wiper blades and it hit the plastic bit so off it came. so i've done the mod just got to get on to Mr Honda and get some proper wiper blades then :D

nice one Neil thanks for the info

i've already removed that plastic bit as I brought some retro fit aero wiper blades and it hit the plastic bit so off it came. so i've done the mod just got to get on to Mr Honda and get some proper wiper blades then :D

nice one Neil thanks for the info

No worrys mate, Glad to be of help. :)

These are not the retro fit type that you get from Bosch (aerotwin) or Valeo etc. These wipers are for the facelift Accord and don't have the bulge on the wiper where they connect to the arm.

I don't like the look of the bulge and wanted the OEM clean look. I have used Bosch aerotwins on a previous car and they worked perfectly but the bulge bugged me. The wipers from Honda cost the same and work as well but look cleaner imo and where they are connected to the side the arm sits a little lower as well.

Bosch Aerotwin
car_photo_388390_7.jpg

Valeo's
aero-vu-flat-wipers.jpg

Yeah, I have the Bosch Aero Twins, if I knew that I could have got the post facelift one's I would have gone for them. The bulge aint an issue. The ones I got from Honda were the pre-face lift, normal style. Either good mod, looks nice and clean.

:lol:

That's exactly what you need.

I cant believe nobody has realised you can do this mod until now. Its so simple.
its very simple I had wondered why when I looked up my car (2005) on the Lings parts thing it lists both types of wiper blade and this could be why

At £25 I'd rather give the business to HH. I'll get my order in on Monday.

Just a quick update. I encountered just about every type of rain possible in sunny Bournemouth last night and had absolutely no issues with the wipers.
So if your planning on doing this mod i would say it was safe to do so. Enjoy. :D

Ok. The wipers have been installed for over a week now and had a fair bit of use thanks to the lovely British weather and i can report that they work 100% perfect and are a vast improvement on the older design. Im very happy with them. :D

i have done this mod to mine as well and so far so good and they have been used in some rain as well

thanks Neil

Damn forgot to order mine, thanks for the reminder and the update Neil.

£20.88 the pair from Maidstone Honda, did mine last week as per this thread...

Steve

Should be getting mine Friday if Holdcroft get their act together and approve a new set from local Honda dealer. The ones that came with the car are rubbish and just smear water around. The headaches just for a set of wipers!

*****coming soon*****

Marriage Councilling section.

:lol:

I upgraded my wipers and now when I switch my wipers on always have smile on my face....Very happy with perfomance....
Wipers are genuine Honda so.......you don't need to add anything else...

Can I just add that Crespo (Neil) is a frickin genius :lol:

I did this mod last week and it works perfect, no need to waste money and faff around with the new wiper arms from a facelift car!!

Dam i need to order mine(thanks crespo for pointing that out when you came down buddy ;) )

You've just saved another owner having to go and get a facelift wiper arm :D Thanks very much :D :D

Thanks for all the positive replys guys. :)

It is nice to give something back to the forum as i have found so much useful info on here myself.

Neil, I'm using (abusing) my discretionary powers to change your member ***le to something more appropriate ;)