What's new

A couple of questions about faults

Blong91

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Sport 2.0
Hi guys, just thought i'd finally get around to posting up about a few small problems my car has had since I have bought it, ideally looking them fixed for the summer.

First one is the front fog lights don't work. They just won't come on at all, I have heard this could be the relay? Any info here is appreciated, cost, where to get, how hard to fit etc.?

Second more annoying one is the passenger front electric window doesn't work. When I push down on the button it just makes a clicking noise and nothing happens. Could this need just a new regulator? Any info here once again would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks ! :)

Sounds like my old Accord but that got written off.
Relay for the fog lights is behind the front bumper I believe.
Have you tried pushing the window as you press the button. Might just need some lubrication. Regulators aren't a common failing on the Accord

Dave G said:
Sounds like my old Accord but that got written off.
Relay for the fog lights is behind the front bumper I believe.
Have you tried pushing the window as you press the button. Might just need some lubrication. Regulators aren't a common failing on the Accord
I'll go give it a go soon mate, dont reckon it will be that as it doesn't move at all but its worth a try.

Have you checked the fuses for the windows each window has its own fuse i had same problem a few yrs back

rhinogolf said:
Have you checked the fuses for the windows each window has its own fuse i had same problem a few yrs back
Yeah first thing I checked mate

If it's clicking when you try to move it, it sound like a regulator, as it's cutting power as it *thinks* the window is fully down.

Re the front fogs, I see you've a sport (petrol), on the petrols the fog light fuses/relays are under the bonnet. On the diesel they are behind the bumper.

jayok said:
If it's clicking when you try to move it, it sound like a regulator, as it's cutting power as it *thinks* the window is fully down.

Re the front fogs, I see you've a sport (petrol), on the petrols the fog light fuses/relays are under the bonnet. On the diesel they are behind the bumper.
Yeah thought it may be the regulator acting up. Are the fog relays and fuses different as I have checked the fuses?

Yes, the fogs have both a fuse and relay.

Just a straight replacement usually? I take it they can't be cleaned or fixed up? Cheers

Straight replace - it's a pretty standard part (about €10)

They're pretty standard parts - any decent motor factors will have one.

Mr Honda said:
Could it just be that your bulbs have blown??
I had them out and the bulbs seemed fine, would be weird for both to blow, especially since the fogs are rarely used. Anyone any help with the window, a regulator more than likely?

If you take the doorcard off then the bottom rail can be removed from the glass and you can then see if it will move when the switch is pressed.