What's new

A stupid question

OB1

Members
Reaction score
Car
05 diesel saloon
Hi all. Just wondering if the 7th gen saloon (prefacelift) has a light in the boot? I can't see one and it's a bit annoying with these dark mornings and nights. Or am i just blind? Cheers!

well mine has its in the center up the top if you like under the rear shelf

agree with Paul the lamp might have gone check that first

I can confirm they do have one, Under the shelf in the middle. Bulb will be gone.
Belive its a 501 wedge style but could be wrong, can someone confirm?

Thanks guys. Will check it out later. This will make life so much easier! Will be booking trip to specsavers tomorrow...

Is it located centrally, just at the edge of the shelf? If so, I've found a blue wiring connector but no sign of a bulb housing. Seems to have been removed in a bizzare kind of mod!

Pepster, do you mean a LED which will attach to the wiring connector or simply a lick-and-stick standalone unit? Cheers!

UPDATE: I have light!
Contacted the supllying dealer who said that if a car has been on display in the classic boot open stance, then they remove the light so as not to wear out the battery. Usually they leave it in the car but obviously not in my case.
Anyway, they ordered in a new bulb housing and popped it in for me this afternoon.
Result!