What's new

Accord cdti

Bodey

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord Exc
well lads!

if there is smoke from the exhaust when the car is started from cold, can you define what this could be? the car is running 100% starting fine, turbo is spoiling as normal, doesnt seem to be down in power? not buning anymore oil or using accessive water? everything seems the same and its not long after a service, new fuel filter,oil filter, oil etc...... :huh:

just when the car is started from cold and it is idling it would be smokey for a while until driven and then it seems to clear itself? i know i should be using decent fuel, but the only fuel i can get near me is BP ultimate diesel? but nowadys how do you know what you are getting at the pumps? what can i do?

could anyone help.... :(

Bodey

genuine Honda filters? correct grade oil?

have a read of the faults section and see if there is anything familier?

this has been talked about in another thread. the smoke when cold is most likely to be water vapor in the exhaust its normal.what colour is the smoke

this has been talked about in another thread. the smoke when cold is most likely to be water vapor in the exhaust its normal.what colour is the smoke

thanks brett. the smoke is whitey colour but it can be a tinge of blue through it?????? it does clear but has made me think is it somthing bad???

thanks dan for that, another issue i want to clear up if you dont mind? my manifold, is it covered under warranty as my car is 2005 under 125k, in a sence can i arrive at the forecourt of my nearest honda dealer and explain the situation and get it fixed for free? under warranty? ;)

Try the search button top right all the info is there but hear is a taster to get you started.

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/79-exhaust-fumessmell-in-cabin-i-ctdi/

Kevy if your manifold is cracked then it's drawing air in which will make the problem a bit worse. It's nothing serious, just get the manifold fixed.

Kevy if your manifold is cracked then it's drawing air in which will make the problem a bit worse. It's nothing serious, just get the manifold fixed.

thanks Fahad, although how could i find out if my car is eliegable for the manifold to be fixed under warranty, i refered to you previous post on the 7th gen page and you mention warranty for 7 years regarding the manifold issue? is this true our how could i find out....it would be better fixed under warranty if it is possible without myself forking out for honda's manifold issue? if you understand..ps thankyou for your help and i hope im not to much of a pest! :rolleyes:

thanks Fahad, although how could i find out if my car is eliegable for the manifold to be fixed under warranty, i refered to you previous post on the 7th gen page and you mention warranty for 7 years regarding the manifold issue? is this true our how could i find out....it would be better fixed under warranty if it is possible without myself forking out for honda's manifold issue? if you understand..ps thankyou for your help and i hope im not to much of a pest! :rolleyes:
Kevy mate i give you 100 % that the warranty is 7 years now get it fixed job done.

Kevy mate i give you 100 % that the warranty is 7 years now get it fixed job done.

thankyou brett...it still covers my car though 2005 cdti ex?? im ringing honda this very minute...fingers crossed.. :rolleyes:

thankyou brett...it still covers my car though 2005 cdti ex?? im ringing honda this very minute...fingers crossed.. :rolleyes:
Nice one if you get any problems with the dealers let us no and we will point you in the right way.Its crazy as some dealers try and pull a fast one and say the car is not covered on some extended warrantys.To be honest i cant see any problems i had a new VSA unit under warranty a couple of months ago and no problems at all :)

We had exactly the same symptoms on a Toyota and it was cured by new glow plugs. I asked them to check them first but being a main dealer they changed the lot without asking.

No more whiteish blueish smoke on start up. Seems it is caused by poor combusion of fuel in the cylinder with the dodgy glow plug. When it gets warm the smoke disappeared. BTW, condensation 'smoke' would be white I think.

Hope this helps. ( sorry to mention the T word )

Hi all,

I'm having very similar problems.

I've had my car serviced with genuine honda parts from HH and 0w 30 oil from lubetech.
I thought I had a problem with oil consumption but this has miraculously stopped. However, I have since discovered that the garage I had used for servicing had put too much oil in by half a litre. I got the excess oil sucked out via the dip stick but now have a P*** of white smoke on start up from cold.

The smoke is definitley white not blue.

Its also only a P*** and disappears instantly after start up. However, there is a lot of white smoke and I can quite clearly see the smoke from my mirrors.

So what do I do?

Since I've got this car, I wanted to make sure all was fine before I got a remap done to ensure all was fine but I seem to encounter one problem after another. After start up the car drives fine and no more smoke. Pulls strongly although has a turbo whistle louder than I would have liked though.

The internet has all sorts of suggestions from valve seals to glow plugs, egr and injectors etc. Not sure where to start from really.

Any suggestions?

Also I had a white smoke on start up when I had the smaller battery when I bought it. I ***umed this was due to unburnt diesel due to extra cranking but the problem has since reappeared. I'm not sure if it is related to the extra oil (half a litre) or something else.

I only use v power diesel after reading recomendations on here.

To top of my woes, my search of pentas has led to a wasted trip to Sheffield and an ebay seller who doesn't want to allow a courier to pick the wheels up.

As Lord Sugar says "my search for my perfect accord continues"

Thanks all in advance.

Hi ive just brought an accord tourer i-ctid its a 2004 and has 114k on the clock and it runs very sweet starts on the button plenty of power . Just returned 51mpg on a 150mile run and i wasnt holding it back. Any way it does P*** a bit of white smoke on start up only when the engine is cold and im sure there is a blue tinge to it and it does smell but is only does this about 60% of the time. So far ave changed the oil wih 0-30w fully synthetic changed the fuel filter witha genuine honda one the airfilter with a blue print one. And ve been using tesco fuel. Does anyone have any sugestions. Could it be dodgy glow plugs. Other than that the car realy is great.

Thanks in advance ray

well lads!

if there is smoke from the exhaust when the car is started from cold, can you define what this could be? the car is running 100% starting fine, turbo is spoiling as normal, doesnt seem to be down in power? not buning anymore oil or using accessive water? everything seems the same and its not long after a service, new fuel filter,oil filter, oil etc...... :huh:

just when the car is started from cold and it is idling it would be smokey for a while until driven and then it seems to clear itself? i know i should be using decent fuel, but the only fuel i can get near me is BP ultimate diesel? but nowadys how do you know what you are getting at the pumps? what can i do?

could anyone help.... :(

Bodey

First thing I would check is when the glow plugs were done, had this exact same problem on my 1.3 CDTI Corsa few weeks ago.

Manifold warranty is 7 years up to 125k but if your just over & you contact Honda UK they usually look after you, just keep fighting!

Hi ive just brought an accord tourer i-ctid its a 2004 and has 114k on the clock and it runs very sweet starts on the button plenty of power . Just returned 51mpg on a 150mile run and i wasnt holding it back. Any way it does P*** a bit of white smoke on start up only when the engine is cold and im sure there is a blue tinge to it and it does smell but is only does this about 60% of the time. So far ave changed the oil wih 0-30w fully synthetic changed the fuel filter witha genuine honda one the airfilter with a blue print one. And ve been using tesco fuel. Does anyone have any sugestions. Could it be dodgy glow plugs. Other than that the car realy is great.

Thanks in advance ray

Yes check the glow plugs

Thanks is there anyway to test them or shall i just replace them. And are glowplugs from a motor factors ok or is the accord fussy on them like it is the fuel filter. Thanks

Ray