What's new

Accord CL7 2.0 Sport RR Results

stu08

Members
Reaction score
Car
TBC
Hi all,

Was slightly bored on Friday, so thought I'd see if any RR's had a free slot. Found one with a Dyno Dynamics one and booked on.

Car run with 132,000 miles and results were

Horsepower - 150.7 (Honda state 153)

Torque - 143.8 lb/ft (not sure what Honda state)

This gave me 123.6 Horsepower at the wheels.

Quite happy it made near standard power after 13 years and 132,000 miles.

Cold air intake and another run up next.

I've been talking with UKCL9 regarding a reflash. I'm planning to get it done after the new intake is fitted.

As the engine doesn't have huge tuning potential, my plan is to focus on chassis and brakes to make it handle.

im in the same position, ive had to much work done to mine to warrant me swapping it for a k24 at the moment. i would if the right facelift typeS came available though.

i am certainly interested to see what type of mid range gains are too be had on our k20 engine though. Ive been toying with the idea of flashing it for a while but i wanted to dyno it before and after.

look forward to your results

I'm not sure which direction to go with mine. I'll be honest, I prefer the simpler look of the CL7 Sport over the kitted CL9 Type S (I'm probably the only person in existence who does!)

I've got a plan to do swap a straight K24 or K20A2 engine in the future......or a mixture of the two; K24 bottom with K20A2 top.

The car I have is in great condition body wise. Plus I'm doing all the suspension and bushes, along with RARB and camber kits. It'll make more sense to do an engine swap, than risk buying a new car which may require all of the above anyway.

Is yours also a 2.0?

yes i have the 2.0

its ideal, serves me well for my commute. I dont really need a powerful daily but the want is strong.

i have a dc5 integra type R also

Very nice! Really wanted a DC5 for years. Haven't got round to scratching the itch unfortunately.

I know what you mean about wanting more power. Enough is never enough. Even when I owned a 280 BHP vRS!

upload the pics to a photo-hosting website e.g. photobucket

the photo-hosting websites have "share" utilities with different options for different situations

basically you copy and paste the "share" link into the post

That's impressive actually to think over all this time you've only lost about 3 horses. Very, very impressive when you think about it. I've heard you can expect to lose between 5-10% horse power over 100K. Although, that's just internet chatter and could be a load of rubbish.

Stevearcade said:
That's impressive actually to think over all this time you've only lost about 3 horses. Very, very impressive when you think about it. I've heard you can expect to lose between 5-10% horse power over 100K. Although, that's just internet chatter and could be a load of rubbish.
Much like the internet chatter I was hoping it might have come off better, a lot of people say Honda's need to loosen up a bit before finding their peak, and supposedly Honda are known for understating their engines.

Then theirs the talk of accuracy of these dynometers. I wouldn't specifically say only three horses were lost since new. if there was a dyno done on this engine when new, as not all Honda engines are exactly the same, then we could have something more to go on.

I wait for the re flash and new dyno results.

Mr Honda said:
Then theirs the talk of accuracy of these dynometers.
Totally agree, curves with the engine in the car are not much more than an estimate.

The only meaningful comparison would be with curves done by the manufacturer, where one set of curves are done with the engine connected directly to a test-bed dyno, and another set of curves done with the engine in the car connected through the gearbox and driveshafts, with the dyno bolted onto the wheel studs (and stating the gear ratio and the diff ratio).