What's new

Accord Full LED Conversion - Bulb Guide - Courtesy of www.HorizonLEDs.co.uk

J4JAV

Mr OCD Detailing
Reaction score
Car
Accord CL7 & ATR
After a few questions and requests, and being the owner of a 7th Generation Accord I have written you all a guide to follow in case you want to convert your Accord's bulbs to LED. Admin you can pin this up if you wish so its easier to find for everyone! Thanks

Right Guys,

Below is the compete list of what bulbs the 7th Generation Accord 2003-2008, takes if your looking to do a full LED conversion like myself. I believe the 8th Generation Accord is very similar if not then the same. I am sure Brett will be able to confirm with us all. Please note that you don't need any CANBUS bulbs unless you like a particular bulb which only comes in a CANBUS model.

Interior LED Lights

• Front Courtesy Lights = x2 31mm LED Festoon Bulbs
Link - PURE WHITE

• Rear Courtesy Light = x1 31mm LED Festoon Bulb
Link - PURE WHITE

• Driver & Passenger Door Cards = x2 501/T10/W5W Wedge LED Bulbs
Link - PURE WHITE

• Glove Box & Boot Light = x2 501/T10/W5W Wedge LED Bulbs
Link - PURE WHITE

• Vanity Mirrors = x2 Special Sized Festoon LED Bulbs (we don't stock these yet, but if there is demand for them from Accord owners then I will get them)

Exterior LED Lights

• Front Sidelights = x2 501/T10/W5W Wedge LED Bulbs (the Accord has a lot of room in its headlamps so you could go for a longer bulb as in the link - more light output)
Link - PURE WHITE

• Front Indicators = x2 7440 Wedge LED Bulbs (if you want them to be seen I recommend going for CREE LED bulbs - I have tried and tested both)
Link - AMBER - we have a choice of 5W, 16W, 30W and 50W, I personally use 30W in mine, you will also need resistors for these to fix the fast flashing, I am still to add the resistor packs to our website, will update the thread with the link soon.

• Rear Indicators = x2 7440 Wedge LED Bulbs (if you want them to be seen I recommend going for CREE LED bulbs - I have tried and tested both)
Link - AMBER - we have a choice of 5W, 16W, 30W and 50W, I personally use 50W in mine as they are important bulbs, you will also need resistors for these to fix the fast flashing, I am still to add the resistor packs to our website, will update the thread with the link soon.

• Rear Sidelights (the two bulbs fitted within the boot lid) = x2 501/T10/W5W Wedge LED Bulbs (you can only fit the ones in my link, limited space here)
Link - RED

• Rear Brake/Tail Lights = x2 7443 LED Bulbs (if you want them to be seen I recommend going for CREE LED bulbs - I have tried and tested both)
Link - RED - we have a choice of 5W, 16W, 30W and 50W, I personally use 50W in mine as these are important bulbs.

• Third Brake Lamp/Middle Brake = x1 7440 LED Bulb (if you want them to be seen I recommend going for CREE LED bulbs - I have tried and tested both)
Link - RED - please only go for the 5W Retro/16W option due to the design of the housing, the 5W Retro and 16W disperses the best light output in full 360 degrees.

• Reverse Light = x1 7440 LED Bulb (if you want them to be seen I recommend going for CREE LED bulbs - I have tried and tested both)
Link - WHITE - I use the 50W in mine because it actually helps with reversing at night, that said the 16W and 30W is better than the factory fitted ones, I have smoked rear tints so hence why I use the 50W.

• Rear Fog = x1 7440 LED Bulb (if you want them to be seen I recommend going for CREE LED bulbs - I have tried and tested both)
Link - RED - I used the 30W in mine, as the design of the actual Accord's rear fog has a built in projector so helps with better light output, although you could go for the 16W or even the 50W!

Xenon/HID/Fog Solutions

• Front Dipped Beam = H1 Xenon HID Conversion Kit either 35W or 55W, you don't need CANBUS. 55W is slighter better and brighter and goes a much longer distance. Colour temperatures are 5000K, 6000K, 8000K, see the link for more details about this. I use 6000k as it matches better with the side light LEDs as the Accord even has the blue tint on the headlamp housing.
Link - if you really want to go all out then the Fast Start Slim Kit is our latest one. Fast start simply fires up and gives full brightness within 3 seconds, so like your OEM BMW, Audi, Mercedes etc... traditional HID kits will always have a slight warm up period of around maximum of 30 seconds, which is normal for them.

• Main Beam = H1 Xenon HID Conversion Kit either 35W or 55W, I would not suggest it because they are not suitable for flashing, because of the warm up time. Even if you want to go for the fast start kit, it will soon die with all the flashing as the ballasts are not designed for that. I would stick to 55W high quality halogens such as Philips/Osram. Unless you use your main beam a lot (constantly on - country roads) then it is possible to fit Xenons, just buy two HID kits.

• Front Fog Lights = H11 Xenon HID Conversion Kit 55W or 50W Cree LED Bulbs - I have Xenons in mine as they are better and act more like fog lights but you can also fit H11 Cree LED bulbs in them, depends on your choice wether you want purpose or style. Both links below.
Link - PURE WHITE Cree LED
or
Link - Xenon HID Kits 35W/55W (55W is ideal for fog lights)

Right thats the complete list for the Accord, if I have missed anything then let me know, please note that the indicators on the 7th Generation Accord are already LED. If you want to do a full conversion then just go through the list and add them to the basket as you go along, even if you don't want a full conversion you can still do the same with the bulbs which you do want, that way you won't be confused and keep having to come back & forth and checking etc... Please be vary of any stock delays, and remember that all bulbs apart from CREE LEDs are sold in pairs.

Any questions then please ask me on this thread, or drop me and email at Info@HorizonLEDs.co.uk. Check out our other products at www.HorizonLEDs.co.uk, remember you get 10% off all orders and free delivery over £50!!!

Thank you!

I want to put led bulbs for indicators,but not sure how to connect resistors.Is it they gona be expensive?

Awesome thanks, Jav.

Any differences for a tourer?

Hi Trev, tourer is the sam from what I remember, as an ex member with a tourer did the same conversion as me a few years back!

Hi Tomas, the resistors are very simple, you will need one for each indicator. So if your doing x4 indicators then x4 resistor packs, they come in pairs anyway. They will be priced up and added to the website this evening, off the top of my head they should be around £5-10 for a pair and they come with the connectors... I will find you a pic, they are very simple to fit, 2 minute job!

these are the resistors, very similar to these and thats how they come as a pair...

and this is how they are fitted, in parallel to your indicator wiring, very simple! mine have been fitted like this for 3 years and I have not had a single issue with the resistor or the CREE LED bulbs...

actually it was 4 years ago! lol I am still running these same bulbs and I use the car nearly every day, the car looks so different with the old wheels and the old kit lol

here is the YouTube video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jj8X-Lw8WOI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFmJF-t0W_U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvxEyrjJBQE

Thanks,mate for explaining.I make oder latter.

Okay, I will let you know when the resistors have been added to the site. currently working on this and stock is on the way of both CREE LEDs and resistors!

Ok,thanks.

I fancy changing the Number Plate lights, you have a few LEDs which I don't know what the difference is between them all, So what would you recommend?

Hi, for the number plates you need T10 bulbs, preferably in WHITE, unless you have a show car :p

Here is the link for the Accord - others are slightly larger and have greater light output but you can't fit these into the Accord's number plate light housing...

http://www.horizonleds.co.uk/T10-501-W5W-smd-led?product_id=159

You will get away with these ones too, although it will be a slight tight fit... though they will fit... the edge of the bulb will touch the housing but as they are LED with no heat, it won't be an issue! :D

http://www.horizonleds.co.uk/T10-501-W5W-smd-led?product_id=160

Thanks

Hi mate handy topic thanks. Looking to order some sidelight LEDs off you. Just confirming, are they a pure white? Ones I have ordered all look blue at night even in pre facelift headlights. Cheers

Stevie91 said:
Hi mate handy topic thanks. Looking to order some sidelight LEDs off you. Just confirming, are they a pure white? Ones I have ordered all look blue at night even in pre facelift headlights. Cheers
Hi Stevie,

All our Pure White ones are 6000K, they are designed to match our HID Kits. All I can suggest is you can try them and if they are not up to your standards you can return them under our 7 day policy.

Although they are pure white and have not got any hint of blue in them :)

Hi Asher, from what I am aware the 8th Gen Accord is the exact same! :)

If you PM Brett, he will be able to conform 100%, he has had both 7 & 8th Gen.

No problem mate. If you need anything else just let me know.

r3dd3v1l said:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR YEEEEEEEEEEEER!

cheers mate, :)
Yes mate all the same LEDs.
The only differce is the vanity lights has 2 lamps in each side and the glove box has a small led that I haven't looked at yet.

Thanks for confirming Brett - any chance we could have this as a sticky under the modifications page for both 7th & 8th gen LED bulb guide? :)

No probs Jav I will sort that out tonight mate

J4JAV said:
  • Rear Brake/Tail Lights = x2 7443 LED Bulbs (if you want them to be seen I recommend going for CREE LED bulbs - I have tried and tested both)
Link - RED - we have a choice of 5W, 16W, 30W and 50W, I personally use 50W in mine as these are important bulbs.
So if I get the 50W bulb are they 50W when braking or normally? What wattage are they in the other state?

HuskyMan said:
So if I get the 50W bulb are they 50W when braking or normally? What wattage are they in the other state?
Hi mate, the wattage is cut by 50% on all our dual filament Cree LEDs, therefore 25W when in sidelight/tail mode, and full 50W brightness when braking ;-)