What's new

Accord Mileage Database

tbourner

TAF Member
Reaction score
Car
Abarth 595
Is there an Accord database on here anywhere? Maybe start one in this thread? Could be good info for future newbies to read through.

Model/Spec:
Year:
Mileage:

How long owned:
Problems you've had:

Overall marks (/10):

I'll have to fill it in when I've got one! :D

Theres a mileage thread on here yes not one with specs as well.

Model/Spec: Accord CB3 2.0i SE
Year: 1993
Mileage: 102k

How long owned: In the family from new.
Problems you've had: Hard to get parts for it due to age, nothing mechanically has gone wrong, Had a new distributor few weeks ago which really is electrical lol. Clutch is about to poo its self though i can feel it!

Overall marks (/10): 8, 1 point off for hard parts sourcing, another 1 point off for difficult to work on

Model/Spec: Accord Gen7 Tourer 2.2 i-CTDi EX (Nav+HFT)
Year: 2007 (57)
Mileage: 94,000

How long owned: 7 months (5000 miles)
Problems you've had: New battery. Hesitation around 1500 - cured by remap and EGR delete.

Overall marks (/10): 10/10

Model/Spec: 7th Gen Saloon EX Nav/Hft i-ctdi
Year: 2006 (56)
Mileage: 55.6k

How long owned: 4 years 2 months
Problems you've had:
Slipping clutch at 21k replaced under warranty. IMRC frequency solenoid valve / slight hesitation

Model/Spec: Accord Tourer 2.4 Exec
Year: 2003
Mileage: 62,000 (33,300 when purchased)

How long owned: 3 Years
Problems you've had:

General wear and tare:
Front & Rear Roll Bar Bushings and Drop Links
Rear Pads & Discs (unrelated to below seizure - caught the seizure in time so no damage was done)
Front Pads
Battery

Not general wear and tare:
Tailgate Motor Failure (Free of charge courtesy of extended warranty on the part)
Seized Rear Callipers
Faulty Master Window Controls
Clutch & Flywheel at 38K :huh:
O2 Sensor
Failed Laser in Sat Nav DVDROM Drive
Seized headlamp adjustor

Overall marks (/10):

8/10 - 2 points docked for the few too many issues above. Mainly the clutch at 38K, that was expensive... But she makes up for it well now, a lovely drive.

Model - 2001 Accord Type R
Mileage - 124,879
How long owned - just over 2 years

Problems -
Seized handbrake cable
Misfire due to Skunk2 Stage 1 cams pitting after under 1000 miles - So removed them

Score
9.5/10. half a point off for no armrest.

Model/Spec: accord sport gt
Year:2006
Mileage:82k

How long owned:18months
Problems you've had: vsa/battery drain

Overall marks (/10):8

Model: 03 Type S Tourer

Spec: not exactly sure if there's a standard, It's got half leather, single cd, no sat nav, 16" wheels

Mileage: 53000, I'm 3rd owner (from memory) owned 2 months

No problems (yet!)

9/10 absolutely love it!

Model/Spec: Mk6 Accord SE Executive
Year: 2001
Mileage: 116,000

How long owned: 1.5 years
Problems you've had: Engine was cutting out at idle, had to replace lambda sensor. Some bulbs in the centre console switches blew and I have no idea how to fix them, they're still out. Spare wheel well collects water for some reason. Boot does not open by key. And I threw a piston rod and destroyed the engine - to be fair this wasn't all the car's fault, I pushed it a bit too hard :( I know this looks like quite a list but I'm just trying to say everything I can think of that bugs me.

Overall marks (/10): 9/10. I've taken a point off for the lambda sensor which seems to be a common fault on the F20B6. Other than that it's spot on, comfortable interior, enough power for me to be happy when I hit the throttle, and the handling is far better than any similar sized car I've ever driven. I'm happy with it :)

Looks like my car was made last thing on a Friday afternoon car really doesn't it :unsure: . Seems to trump a lot of older cars for problems :huh: .

Model/Spec: 2.2 i-CTDi EX (Nav & HFT) - 7th Gen Facelift
Year: 2006 (56)
Mileage: 69750

How long owned: 8 months
Problems you've had: None

Overall marks (/10): 8/10 so far (may give it 9 if i decide to go for a remap in the future and am happy with it)

The reason for not giving it a 10 is the weak paint on the Accords

2.0 ivtec Sport. 2003. Mileage 90,000.

Only had the car 2 months so far.

Problems: Just a slight knock occasionaly when braking. Suspect ARB bushes. Under investigation.

Really liked the build quality, refinement when first started driving it but now im comfortable with it im appreciating the handling, gearbox and engine. ;)
8.5/10, the steering lets it down a bit as it could do with more feel and better weighting when cornering.

A very interesting idea !!

Model/spec: 7th gen Tourer Exec full spec, 2.4 iVTEC
Year: 2004 54-plate
Mileage: 80k

How long owned: 6 years (since Jan 2006)
Problems I've had:
- rear brakes keep binding (keep fixing it myself ever since the warranty expired in Sep 2007)
- clutch had to be replaced at 79k in October 2011 (fortunately the Honda Happiness price was £600 at the time)
- both lower wishbones had to be replaced in November 2010, I got a local garage to do that with OEM parts, for ~ £400
- rear bearings in the tourer are different from the saloon, thus only available from dealer at £120 each !! (I've got them but not done it yet)
- exhaust for 2.4 is also only available from dealer at ~ £250 for both boxes (did it myself)
- aircon condenser perished, dealer wanted £500 to do it, I did it myself with condenser from Unipart, for £150 incl Halfords re-gassing (and then I found a faulty relay as well, which I opened up and sprayed with switch cleaner)
- front fog lights are £200 (each) to replace at a dealer, I did both for £70 with fog lights from the USA on ebay
- rear tailgate does not open itself any more (though it will close itself)

Overall marks (/10): 6/10 .... because Honda parts and Honda labour are a shameful disgraceful rip-off

Model/spec: Facelift Honda Accord Type-R, 2.2 VTEC
Year: 2001 Y Plate
Mileage: 180k

How long owned: 9 years (since March 2003) I am the second owener from 21k miles.
Problems I've had:
- Original Clutch replaced under warranty at 54k miles
- Original Steering rack and yoke replaced under warranty at 45k miles
- EGR plate and valve have been cleaned out a few times
- Steer wheel electrics gubins needed replacing (thing that allows the cables to go around in the wheel without breaking)
- RELAY for fans needed replaceing £15
- Car has had 2 sets of belts and balancers etc
- Car has had another clutch change at 155k miles
- Suspension clunks a bit may replace original dampeners at some point.

Car has has several sets of tyres, disks & pads, 1 new wing mirror (my fault), front and back drop links,

Overall marks (/10): 10/10 Why would I have kept it this long.

Facelift EX Tourer in Graphite with Pentas
Late 2006

Owned for 3 years

Needed new clutch, manifold and the usual brake stuff.

Marks out of ten? I'd give it an 8, but with a bonus point for character.

Love the auto tailgate.... still puts a smile on my face :D

Just a shame the clutch and transmission are made of biscuits.

Been ages since I posted but hey, why not:)

Model/Spec: 2.2 Diesel Tourer Executive
Year: 2004
Mileage: 123k

How long owned: Since 10/2008
Problems you've had:
- When bought needed tailgate gas struts to be replaced. As I drive to Poland every now and then I had it done there. Same price for parts (£60 if I remember correctly) but labour cost £40 instead of £160.
- Manifold replaced under extended warranty @100k I think.
- Clutch replaced around the same mileage.
- MAF replaced.
- Few small suspension parts done over last few months (rear stabilizer rods)
Other than that its just usual wear and tear and service stuff. Well, quite thirsty this accord of mine but can not find the culprit and kinda get used to it.
Lovely car :)

Model/Spec: 2.2 ictdi Tourer executive

Year: 2008 (7th generation)

Mileage: just over 94,000 when purchased, currently just over 98,000

How long owned: 11 months

Problems you've had: Needed a left hand replacement driveshaft at purchase, had the manifold changed under warranty, uses more fuel since the manifold change.

Marks out of 10: 9 Best car we've owned. The dropped mark is for soft easily chipped paintwork and wind/road noise especially on motorways. Correct those two points and this car would have 10 out of 10 for us.

Model/Spec: 7th Gen Tourer 2.4 Exec
Mileage: 102K

How long owned: 8 months
Problems you've had: Clutch master cylinder, OS ball joint, corroded heatshield on cat, sat nav DVD starting to play up, aircon blowing warm even after re-gas (service items - 4 tyres, front brake pads, 1 interim service, auxillary drive belt, brake fluid, transmission fluid).

Overall marks (/10): 8 good looking, practical, well equipped and nice to drive. Some of the service items were discressionary but I preferred to get them done, others par for the course but might get expensive.

Model/Spec: Honda Accord 2.0i ES
Year: 1999
How long you've owned: don't know to be honest :/
Mileage: 84000 miles
Problems you've had- Lambda sensor, rattling heatshield, dead battery (although it was on it's original up to 80K which isn't bad)

Marks out of 10: 8/10
Comfortable most of the time, acceptable wind and tyre noise, not exactly fast but definitely sprightly, smells nice, decent sound system, reliable for the most part and well sorted interior though a little small

Model/Spec: 2.4 Exec Saloon
Year: 2003 (53)
Mileage: 148k

How long owned: Since February 2007 (had 42k when I bought it)
Problems you've had: (that I can remember)

- new clutch at ~120k.
- HID auto-levelling unit needed replaced ~70k (sealed unit making a knocking sound).
- a/c condenser needed replaced (ages ago, can't remember when).
- heatshield fell of the cat ~100k, left it.
- front O/S balljoint fell apart and replaced two months ago.
- front foglights are a bit gungy inside, but still work - to be replaced at some point.
- drop-links and bushes need replaced fairly regularly.
- door seals probably need replaced (wind noise).
- two sets of brake disks, several sets of pads.
- many, many, many sets of tyres.

Overall marks (/10): 9.5

Easily the best car I've owned - comfortable, well-spec'd and the engine is fantastic. A few expensive repairs here and there, but given the mileage and the general abuse the car's taken I've no complaints. The drop links and rear disk wear are weak points, as is the thin paint - the front of my car is stonechip-tastic :)

Model/Spec: Honda Accord 2.0i SE VTEC
Mileage: 104,525 (original clutch)

How long owned: 4 years and 6 months
Problems you've had: Not many touch wood just usual wear / tear on the car

Rear drop links replaced
Pollen filter replaced
Rear anti roll bar D bushes (to be replaced soon June 2012)
Brake discs changed all round (not a problem just wear and tear) plus 2 sets of pads all round
Rear driver side ABS sensor replaced

Overall marks (/10): 10

2.2 diesel sport
05 reg
mileage now 79k
owned since june 2011 and was 61k on a clock.
work done:manifold replaced under waranty,clutch and flywheel replaced just now.Last autumn had fuel jam,but was fixed by the dealer
I would give 7/10 because of the weak clutch mechanism,manifold problems.
Overall it is a good tough car

Model/Spec: Accord 2.2 i-ctdi, Exec saloon
Mileage: 154,000

How long owned: 5 years
Problems you've had:

1. ratling timming chain replaced at 125k miles by Honda free of cost
2. CD changer has broken, but xcalink installed so no big deal.
3. front lower arm compliance bushes replaced at 145k miles ( ~ £10 each from honda)
4. normal wear and tear all brake discs and pads, filters, oil, etc.

Overall marks (/10): 9/10

A very interesting idea !!

Model/spec: 7th gen Tourer Exec full spec, 2.4 iVTEC
Year: 2004 54-plate
Mileage: 80k

How long owned: 6 years (since Jan 2006)
Problems I've had:
- rear brakes keep binding (keep fixing it myself ever since the warranty expired in Sep 2007)
- clutch had to be replaced at 79k in October 2011 (fortunately the Honda Happiness price was £600 at the time)
- both lower wishbones had to be replaced in November 2010, I got a local garage to do that with OEM parts, for ~ £400
- rear bearings in the tourer are different from the saloon, thus only available from dealer at £120 each !! (I've got them but not done it yet)
- exhaust for 2.4 is also only available from dealer at ~ £250 for both boxes (did it myself)
- aircon condenser perished, dealer wanted £500 to do it, I did it myself with condenser from Unipart, for £150 incl Halfords re-gassing (and then I found a faulty relay as well, which I opened up and sprayed with switch cleaner)
- front fog lights are £200 (each) to replace at a dealer, I did both for £70 with fog lights from the USA on ebay
- rear tailgate does not open itself any more (though it will close itself)

Overall marks (/10): 6/10 .... because Honda parts and Honda labour are a shameful disgraceful rip-off

model 2.2 CDTI ex tourer
year 2005(May)
mileage 192K

problems

tailgate open sensor microswitch ( cleaned and fine since )
clutch - been slipping for ~ 50K now, think its just weak springs the torque can overcome if booted in 3/4th
paint soft as butter, marks VERY easily

reliable old bus but IMHO boring as anything, no matter how hard I try it just doesn't feel exciting or special to drive. lacking in toys for a japanese car... no fuel computer, no memory on electric seats, all things I had in my 1994 Saab 9000.....

who should buy one? anyone who wants a reliable white goods car that gets you from A-B in respectable comfort and cost. its a "good" car, just doesn't feel or make me feel special.

Model/Spec: Honda Accord 2.2 CDTI SPORT
Year: 2006
Mileage: 106,725

How long owned: 6 Months
Problems you've had: Nothing yet, just servicing. Oil and all filters done at 100k
4 new tyres @ 104k
Previous owver had clutch and flywheel done at 85k

Overall marks (/10): 9 Loses 1 mark for the soft paint because a butterfly landing on it would leave a mark!!

Model/Spec: 2.2 iCDTi Sports
Year: 2007
Mileage: 92k

How long owned: 2 years and 6 months
Problems you've had: replaced battery

Just love it, honestly I couldn't had bought a better car for £8k. Its still a pleasure to drive. I think I'm very lucky because its ex-Honda dealer's manager's car so it was very well maintained. I've had one service done by HH and now I just order parts from them and I'm servicing it myself. Got 2 young kids and boot is spacious enough to fit in 2 buggies including one travel system which takes up a lot space.

Model/Spec: Honda Accord 2.2 CDTI EXEC<
Mileage: 227k
How long owned: 5 years (90k when bought)
Problems you've had: Nothing major - servicing/tyres etc etc) - changed alternator myself a few years ago (and also fuel filter)

MOT tomorrow - so the future of the car could be determined then!!

Overall marks (/10):10/10 - never let me down - despite going over on service intervals :-( . Car has more than payed for itself with car allowances received over last few years!