What's new

Accord Mileage Database

My Accord Tourer Type S 2003 has passed the magic 100000 miles :) Still doing well since I bought it in Sept 06 with only 28k on the clock. I am even still amazed that it is still on it's original exhaust system too!!

Model / Spec: 6th Gen 2.0 SE Exec Hatch.
Year: 2001 (51 Reg facelift)
Mileage:
oofpRMG.jpg

Ownership: 4.5 months (ode 96k March 2013).
Problems: Air con doesn't work. There's definitely a gas leak somewhere. Couple of other issues with the windscreen washers.

Overall Marks: Wait until I see how much needs done to the air-con / 10.

Model: Gen 7 2.0l Sport
Year: 2003
Mileage: 127,000 ( Bought at 49,000)
Owned: 6years and 4 months

Problems:
Original battery died at 7 years.
Lost count of anti-roll bar mountings
Shed loads of dipped beam bulbs ( got better after I replaced the fuses )
Wishbone
ABS light, caused by a broken wire in the loom.

Even after 6 years I look at it when I walk across the car park at work and I love it. Sadly, however, the time has come to replace it, probably with a 2.0l ES GT.

Model/Spec: accord vetec 1850
Year:2001
Mileage: 145124

How long owned: 5 years
Problems you've had: corroded rear brake lines clutch failure broken rear drop link seized rear brake calliper corroded back box and catalytic converter failure

Overall marks (/10): 9/10

Model/Spec: 2.4 Vtec, Executive, auto, saloon
Year: 2005
Mileage: 32k

How long owned: 3 weeks
Problems you've had: Broken arm rest catch, replaced at a cost of 4.87 pounds

Overall marks (/10) : 8 bordering 9 so far

Loving it.

Model/Spec: 6G Accord 2.0 ES
Year: 1999
Mileage: 83,000

How long owned: 2 years
Problems you've had: Replace original 14 year old battery and exhaust! Clock bulb has blown, trouble going into 1st and reverse with a very squeaky clutch!

Overall marks (/10): 8/10 - nothings perfect! I can see myself keeping this car for a very very long time it's already become sentimental, nothing else comes close as an overall package!

Model/Spec: accord type s 1.8
Year: 2001
Mileage: 107,000
How long owned: 3 days
Problems you've had: only one I have is speed bumps as its so dam low lol
Overall marks (/10):10 so far may change

Model/Spec: 6th Gen, 1.8s manual.
Year: 2000
Mileage: 103,000

How long owned: 15 Months & 21,000 miles.

Problems: Knocking from N/s/f suspension, A/con inop (due to lack of use & servicing), Clutch getting heavy. So, no real problems as such.

Overall marks: 9/10.

Best shed motoring going bar none imo! :)

Model/Spec: 6th Gen, 3.0 V6 Coupe
Year: 1999
Mileage: 120,000

How long owned: 3 months, 2000 Miles

Problems: Slipping 2nd gear clutch

Overall marks: 9/10.

Love the car, fast and comfortable and you know your a member of an exclusive club while your driving it. I'm actually thinking of sucking up the £2k cost of a gearbox rebuild instead of just scrapping an £800 pound car when the auto box finally implodes.

Model/Spec: 2.4 typeS estate, half leather , blue
Year: 2004
Mileage:92000

How long owned: 2 months
Problems you've had:
No real problems , full service done , clutch felt a bit nasty fresh fluid sorted it . Something will need to be done with the suspension as it is doing my head in , it's not broken it's just not right for the weight of the car .. Hondas fault .

Overall marks 7/10
Points off for road noise , suspension , lack of refinement and ridiculously awkward placement of clutch bleed nipple .

Model/Spec: 2.2 iCDTi Exc
Year: 2007
Mileage: 162k

How long owned: 1 month
Problems you've had: cracked manifold, rear anti roll bar bushes, seized rear caliper, HTF not working
Unsure if the clutch has ever been replaced.

Overall marks (/10): 8/10

Designed to be an executive high mileage cruiser which it does perfectly. I love all the luxuries however it could have been given a bit more power in the engine considering its a 2.2 Turbo Diesel

Model/Spec: Honda Accord 1.8 Vtec Sport
Year: 2001
Mileage: 123,127

How Long Owned: 10 Days ;)
Problems you've Had: * Knocking from a few bushes and ball joints (these are just usual wear and tear and am currently seeking the replacement parts.)
* Slight grinding in 2nd Gear - (Fixed by changing transmission fluid and draining and flushing clutch fluid :) )

Overall Marks (/10): 9/10 would get the full 10 if she was cheaper on the important bushes and ball joints ect. but overall a truly fantastic car.

Model/Spec: EX 2.2
Year: 2007
Mileage: 67,000

How long owned: about 5 months
Problems you've had: None whatsoever as yet.

Overall marks (/10): 8

Nice to drive if you're not in a rush. The steering doesn't seem to feel quite right, and I find that when I've got the seat in the most comfortable position, I slide around on the leather when I go around bends a bit quickly. I think my previous 6th Gen 2.0 Exec handled better.
I get just over 50mpg out of it, and it has enough grunt to leave boy racers in crappy sporty Citroens for dead.
Looks nice, especially with the factory fitted 17" alloys.
Very well made. If it's anything like my 6th Gen then it will be something approaching bomb proof.

Model/Spec: Type S, 2.4 Tourer on 17" Pentas
Year: 2004
Mileage: 73,000 at purchase now on 92,000

How long owned: Since August '12

Problems you've had: Front drop links, bushings etc + rear stabilisers (a bad day for the wallet) . Seized Rear Calliper resulting in new rear disks + pads as well as the dodgy calliper itself. New front brakes as they were well and truly shot at purchase. New Set of tyres, plus one extra thanks to an epic pothole strike. Replaced duff interior bulbs and upgraded to LED's on whole interior. Needed to replace both front and rear washer bottle motors and have the lines cleared. New Varta Battery installed last winter after old faithful gave up on me. I think that's all.....sounds like a right shed when you read it back.

Problems I still have - Air Con is intermittent but working atm :), suspect condenser is goosed but it's not hot enough to care yet. Remote Locks have never worked on either key, despite multiple attempts at re-programming and some head scratching by Honda. Not overly fussed by this but will get it sorted one day.

Overall marks (/10): 8, a couple docked because i've had more problems than I expected from a Honda, although I think the previous owner may have just sold at the perfect time and put off many many jobs that just needed doing. It's been worth it though, planning on keeping the car for a long time so the work would be needed at some point. It's easily the best car i've owned (which is not hard following on from a 1.2 Punto and a 998cc Toyota Yaris :wacko:) it drives superbly, can leave most boy racers standing and you can get exactly half and Ikea in the boot.

Model/Spec:accord aerodeck 2.0 esauto
Year:1995
Mileage:145k

How long owned:4
Problems you've had:radiator popped

Overall marks (9/10):

Model/Spec: Accord Gen7 Tourer 2.2 i-CTDi EX (Nav+HFT)
Year: 2007 (57)
Mileage: 109,000

How long owned: 2 years 5 months (20,000 miles)
Problems you've had: New battery. Hesitation around 1500 - cured by remap and EGR delete. Exhaust manifold under warranty. Front and rear discs and pads. Rear calipers on both sides. Drop links on both sides. Passenger door wouldn't open from inside.

Overall marks (/10): 10/10
Would like to note that I change the oil every 3k miles due to my low mileage usage and short journeys.

Model/Spec: Accord Gen7 Tourer 2.2 i-CTDi EX (Nav+HFT)
Year: 2007 (56)
Mileage: 112,500

How long owned: 8 months (8,000 miles)
Problems you've had: new battery (not really a fault)

Overall marks (/10): 9/10 I need to give her more time but hope she won't let me down, happy so far

Ok, so I'm a bit late throwing my hat in here....

1st Accord was a '98 R plate (5th gen, I think) 2.0i SE EXEC. Think all the badges came about simply because it was right on the model change and Honda were trying to empty the parts bins! Anyway, I kept that one for 5 years during which time I covered neigh on 80k miles.

Obviously a few new tyres were needed along the way, but the only work it ever needed to pass MOT was a sidelight bulb. That car eventually let me down on the very day I was taking it to the dealer as a trade in on my next one.....the head gasket finally let go at about (from memory) 120k miles. Not bad when you consider I never bothered to even change the oil in the time I had it! Bloody good car that one.

I skipped the Swindon built 6th gen hatch, and based on my dad's experience of his, thank god I did.

So, I then picked up my CL7 2.0 Vtech, in exec spec on a 54 plate. Again, many miles were driven in the 6 years and so several tyres needed. The lambda probe did fail once (oxygen sensor) as the dealers seem to call it....and the car seemed to have a habit of splitting near side wiper blades....had to change that twice a year. Sure that was a freak thing on my car and it was a pain rather than a problem. I did learn the lesson with this one and made sure I kept it serviced properly so only consumable parts ever needed changing.

As of about 3 weeks ago, I've parted company with my beloved CL7 and got myself an 8th gen 2.2 Dtec Ex.

After only 3 weeks, there's no way I can comment on reliability but given the Accords I've had in the past, I'm pretty sure sticking to the service schedule will result in the car being "bulletproof".

Must agree with whoever said that the dealers can be pricy....I think that's down to the individual franchise. I get treated like royalty by my dealer and they often undercut the Happiness prices. Perhaps that's just because between my, mum and dad, we have now purchased no less than 16 cars over the years.......no wonder they like us!

In summary.....abuse your Accord and it will do its best for you.....look after it and you will probably never NEED to change your car again.

HuskyMan said:
Model/Spec: Honda Accord 1.8 Vtec Sport
Year:2000
Mileage:183k

How long owned: 5 years
Problems you've had:

within 4 months of having her power steering pump went at 125k m.
Clutch went at 173k m. it was the original clutch aswell..
Brake line rusted last year, 181k m
Hand brake ceased on 181k m, needed new caliper.

Overall marks (7/10):
only because of the lack of performance upgrades you can do, But any car you spend more on tyres in 5 years then actually fixing is definitely a good car..

Is there an Accord database on here anywhere? Maybe start one in this thread? Could be good info for future newbies to read through.

Model/Spec: accord tourer type s
Year:2003
Mileage:185k

How long owned:3 years
Problems you've had:
Rear calipers renewed. New batt. Rear boot handle. Discs and pads all round. Spring loom for steering wheel. Abs sensor. Rocker cover gasket replaced.

Overall marks (/10):8/10

I'll have to fill it in when I've got one!

Model/Spec: 5th Gen Accord US Wagon SiR CF2 2.2Vtec (aerodeck)
Year: 1996
Mileage: 175000 KMS

How long owned: 3years (approx)
Problems you've had: None

Overall marks (/10): 8/10
A bit thirsty on fuel. Autobox is a bit sluggish.

Model: 2007 ictdi sport
Mileage:113500
Owned since: 1 year

Problems:vsa pump,battery,suspected fuel pump failure but dont know if it was the battery all along.

Rating:7/10 3 marks gone for the expense of vsa pump and constant fear of somthing bigger going wrong in future!but over all,best car ive had

Happy birthday to my car ..

2.4 type s estate

Miles .. 100,001

Problems .. Being mercilessly thrashed like I am trying to blow it up .

I just topped over 180 000 miles today ............ on my 6th gen 3.0 V6 Coupe.

I've owned my coupe for 2 1/2 years ........ Uses a little oil, but most of that is down to a slight leak rather than burned up.

Problems ??? None really other than a new battery, when it packed up totally one day...............

Replaced service type items, Tyres, Oil, Filters, Brake Pads, Wiper Blades ........... Had the Cambelts done last year.

Peter

[SIZE=10.5pt]Model/Spec: 2.2ictdi executive (satnav & beige leather) (18inch sigma alloys) [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Year: 2005[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Mileage:167k

How long owned: 6 years[/SIZE]

Problems you've had:

[SIZE=10.5pt]1,sat nav stopped working so removed and cleaned the lens[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]2, reverse parking sensor stopped working so replaced[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]3, General consumables wipers, brake pads, oil / filters etc[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]4, rear abs speed sensor packed in so replaced *pig of a job*[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]5, clutch fluid changed as picked up some air mysteriously no leaks all good now[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]6, was left parked up for 2 months whilst i was abroad on return she refused to start. turned over but would not fire up. RAC & AA were unable to get her going. 3 local garages were unable to get her going. kept coming up with a manufacturer specific code. Cant remember the code!!. Off to Honda and £480 later all fixed as she was not recognising the immobiliser code so had a new part fitted![/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]7, new battery from Honda[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]8,standard alloys corroded and pitted heavily and kept leaking air from the seals so upgraded to 18inch sigma alloys[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]9, Clutch went at 120k so replaced with genuine Honda clutch this failed at 146 k due to knackered flywheel !!![/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]10, new clutch from Calder clutch at Brighouse at 146 k and picked up a flywheel from a 42k motor at scrappers[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]11, headlights clouded over so sanded back and polished up[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]12, front drivers side upper wish bone arm replaced[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]13, soft paint as front end is full of stone chips [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]14, Silver paint on the steering wheel plastic has faded in places so carbon wrapped.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]15, beige interior is a nightmare to keep clean with kids !!![/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Overall marks (/10): 7[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] She still puts a smile on my face every time I’m in the drivers seat !!![/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Model/Spec: 2.2ictdi executive[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Year: 2004[/SIZE]

Mileage: 413k kms/ 256K miles

How long owned: 42 months (bought with 118K miles)

Problems you've had since I bought it:

[SIZE=10.5pt]1 AC bearing replaced [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]2 Auto boot closing failure[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]3 Craked manifold[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]4 Turbo failure[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]5 EGR valve malfunctioning[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]The rest was standard maintenance, original shock absorvers and cluntch !!! [/SIZE]

This is the 3rd accord that I have, always bought used and drive them till engine failure, the previus ones were petrol 2.0 of the two previous generations, I do the maintenance myself always with the goal of spend less money possible, as example I always used 5W30 because I can't get cheap 0W30 oil.

Overall marks (/10): Comparing with previous experiences, is 9/10, mainly because of the boot closing system

B) Errr. 6 months with 55 reg 2.4 EX Tourer. 76k when bought. 80k now! But I am retired!!

Faults..none! Just got front brake pads to replace.

Likes? Everything! Dislikes? hmmm..no!

Score? Has to be 10/10. Best car I've owned? Yup!

Only matched byJag X Type Sport Premium auto 3.0. Brilliant car and incredibly comfortable. Only let down by a rad hose failure and always 25 mpg!! Never better. Decent AWD too.

Model/Spec: Gen 6 2.3i Type-V Automatic
Year: 2002
Mileage: 121k Miles
Owned since: October 2014

Faults: None so far
Dislikes: No aux port for iPod

Overall: 8/10

Model/spec 6th gen 2.0 se exec
Year 2001
Mileage 295k miles
Owned since November 2006
Faults alternator failure bottom hose collapsed, corrosion on floor and subframe, power steering pump.
Likes VTEC noise
Dislikes fuel consumption

Overall 10/10

Accord Type R 2.2 vtec
02 plate
Owned 3 weeks
165k miles BEAUTIFUL CAR!
No problems at all with it as yet :D
Bored stainless exhaust sounds amazing just re-spayed rocker cover and is looking brill
I get some funny looks as im only 20 driving this car :p
Likes? Body, power, easily maintained, the sound, recaro seats! The pleasure of the drive
Dislikes, fuel! :( first thirsty car I've owned really hits the bank
Message me if you know of any meets? I Wanna see more of my cars
9/10 only for the fuel consumption but you can't have everything :)