What's new

Accord type & Service Manual?

Crazy Danish

Members
Reaction score
Car
2005 Accord CN2
Hi all!

Been viewing the forums and I like the levels of expertise I've seen in here; hoping I could make use of/learn from all you in good time!

My Accord Tourer Executive 2.2 CTDI (55 reg) is a lovely car that I've been using for the last two years without fault...
... that is unless you count the niggling issues with the drivers window, the stuck tail gate and the high pitched hum at 70mph.

Suffice to say I've decided to take this beast by the horns and do something about it all! Just struggeling where to start?

What Type is it?
Found the following workshop manuals (here & here) and have no idea... CL7 or 9, or is it CN or M, and would that be 1 or 2?
I may be missing a guide on here to help identify this; any pointers?

Welcome to the forum Oliver. There's tons of advice and helpful folk on here, as you seem to have already noted, so get stuck in on sorting out these niggles. Nothing quite the feeling you get when you put a long standing niggle to bed.

By the way, 2.2 is the diesel so your car is a CN. Saloon is 1, tourer is 2.

Saloons are:
Diesel 2.2 = CN1
Petrol 2.0 = CL7
Petrol 2.4 = CL9

Tourers are:
Diesel 2 2 = CN2
Petrol 2.0 = CM1
Petrol 2.4 = CM2

Pretty useful to know actually as these abbreviations for the car type are used a lot on the forum.

See you on the boards.

Ideal, many thanks Steve!

Now to figure out whether its a pre-face lift model... of a-searching I go.

If you have a chrome strip on the edge of the bonnet and a five speed gearbox its a pretty facelift. Chrome all on the grill and a 6 speed gearbox is a facelift. There are other differences but that's the easy ones

Pretty facelift :lol: , that's a new one. Yeah, chrome strip on front of bonnet is pre-facelift, no chrome strip, but loads of chrome on grill, facelift.