What's new

Accord VII 2.2 Tourer hesitating/stalling - OBD codes P16A4, P0339, P0335

BTW @ExpandWeiner or anyone else, if I fit a new CKP, do I need to do a ‘relearn’ procedure, and if so, can you point me to a guide? I have searched but can’t find anything specific to Hondas.

TIA

No it shouldn’t need this. Btw do you have a noisy chain by any chance? I’m wondering if some slack might be causing an intermittent rotation signal..

No it shouldn’t need this. Btw do you have a noisy chain by any chance? I’m wondering if some slack might be causing an intermittent rotation signal..

OK, interesting. I won’t bother wondering why Hondas don’t need a relearn when others seem to, but one less thing to do!

I wouldn’t say I had a noisy chain, at least that I know of. The only abnormal noise I have is the PS pump, though this has got better since I removed it and replaced it when replacing the fuel rail PRV. It makes a bit of a whining noise, which may possibly be masking and clicking/ticking/rattling noise I would imagine would come from a slack chain?

Hello AmboMan, if you're planning on diagnosing this sensor issue on your own, I think you'll find the procedure from the ESM useful: https://mega.nz/file/BtU0jRSR#r8WNJuh2FctHlfpG7UNZaD6CeCUphM0RiLwBWgpgJLw

In order to get access to the CKP sensor, the ESM says to remove the fan shroud and the compressor without disconnecting the A/C lines. While you're there, check the wiring and the connector for damage or corrosion, as it did throw that P0339 code at one point. The single bolt that holds the sensor on requires 12Nm. The 4 bolts holding the compressor on the bracket require 22Nm. The part number of the sensor is 37500-RBD-E01. If you need more information, do let me know.

Hey @ExpandWeiner, tried to get at from under car, but struggling to get undertray off because of rusted bolts. From what I can see, not sure it will be easy to access this way as advised by someone else. Going to try and look from driver side wheel well too to see if that is any easier. Going through the top of the engine bay is no simple task! Do you have any further guides to what you were saying above, e.g. an extract from the ESM for actually replacing CKP? Is this a task that can be done without draining and stripping out other parts, e.g. radiator? You say remove fan shroud, but not sure I can see how.

Many thanks in advance!

@ExpandWeiner - the guy who supplied the part has pointed out that the aircon pump may not move far (to gain access to sensor) because of the aluminium pipes, even if I do unbolt the compressor itself?