What's new

aftermarkte satnav

speedyuk

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord 2.4 ex AT
found that on polish accord forum. what you think http://www.tradetang.com/for-sale/HONDA-ACCORD-2003-2007-Digital-TFT-LCD-Special-Car-Navigation-DVD-Player/133040-2107508.html
personaly i dont mind as i have orginal satnav but mayby someone will be interested...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEoMfb87W0A&feature=player_embedded

WOWWWW EXCELLENT FIND B)

I've been on the lookout for something similar to this for ages... DAMN I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE :unsure:

wow that quite something looks pucker as well think it might have to down grade or up grade which ever it is

That looks really good mate. Expensive but worth the money I think. Love the equaliser display.

So anyone going to invest in this? I wonder how it all plugs in, ***uming that it has oem connectors on the back

I'm seriously tempted.. I've emailed them for more info :unsure: It's the only thing I've always felt missing from my car (that and a 6th gear)

Looks nice - I'd make sure that the mapping updates for the satnav are readily available before parting with that sort of money though.

Cheers
Robin

mon fahad, cough up the dough first, you know you want to :lol:

That is a serious bit of kit, doesnt look too out of place on the dash. I'd have prefered it all black so it looks more oem, but cannae grumble at all the features B)

OK, so now I know you're nuts wanting to mod a mod.

I am trying not to look at that website.... it's toooooo tempting.

But oddly, cheaper than the OEM spare :lol: !?!?

Question is, does it implement RDS properly? Does replace completely all the functions of the current head unit?

Does it replace the CD changer?

Do they do a club discount?

Not too sure about the 0 feedback rating and the mentions of remote controls... sounds like a separate dongle to go on the steering column.

Perhaps it is too good to be true?

Watch YouTube carefully. System is connected to steering wheel And all functions of heating are there B).

tacky plastics and slow GUI, wish the quality would be better.

Mapping uses win ce5 so should be able to update?

:ph34r: I think a better solution for non navi cars is a carputer far superior to any oem kit out there today if done right..right. you get to keep the kidney too, for future modding

that is very true but if your not into dash builds boot builds and building computers and setting up software and programming it can be a bit tricky

It can get messy doing a build like that yes :ph34r: I remember reading on the tsx forum those aftermarket facias that relocate the stock controls such a temp dials fail very quickly due to poor quality materials.

I think this looks like a fantastic solution - fully integrated and the screen location is exactly in the right place.. I agree the buttons look a bit tacky though but if like me you don't have a satnav system in the car, then this is the perfect solution..

agree thats really nice,i thought this was oem at first glance,looks really good for what it is...

WOW! that looks good but I wouldn't swap my factory fit sat nav/audio for it.

JS.

I agree with you JS, looks good but wouldn't swap my factory unit for one. Looks like it has the correct wiring. Go on someone buy it. You know you Guys want one..............

Looks awesome.
The menu looks as if it runs off of linux instead of it being windows based.
Also I honestly just wish the camera man would stop zooming in and out. WTF was that all about.
All he needed to do was zoom in to where you could see the screen and so on and leave it like that instead of him trying to correct the autofocus. Grrrrrrrrrrr
Sorry but things like that really get me. haha

Looks good. I think the SatNav software is iGo, the menu looks very similar to my generic Chinese GPS device which has iGo on it.

The driver's and passenger's heat level selectors are in the wrong place :lol: It shouldn't make a difference though, I think.

edit: look at pic

13304087156.jpg

^^ Because it's a l/h drive version ;) ^^
Lol, obviously. What I meant was to make sure to select the correct version if available.

Any joy regarding a reply from them with more info etc... Really interested in one of these but am also a bit put off by the lack of feedback.
Think you also have to consider what sort of sound quality it will have too compared to premium sound system..Do we know the manufacturer..?

guys reagrding this satnav iv found it at carpcdvd for £290.00(im ***uming ex shipping)

http://www.carpcdvd.com/honda-accord-2003-2007-multimedia-navi-dvd-player-radio-bt-product-1233.html

update: 44.00 GBP for shipping

so 334.00 for the system inc shipping

Excellent work Mo! That's not a bad price at all considering.

Have you been in touch with them?