What's new

Alloys

Hi guys,
you would still say i'm a newbie even though I have been a member awhile but not been on much.

Any how more to the point.

Any one who has 19 or 20" alloys fitted on their 8gen post some pics up.... also if anyone got anything wider than a 8.5j fitted I would like to see pics.

I'm currently considering getting the Vossen CVT alloys 19" 8.5j fronts and 9.5J rears.... i'm just waiting confirmation if offset 40-55 would be available

tyre sizes im looking at are 235.35.19 fronts and 245.30.19 rears, its going to be tight fit with rubbing, arch rolling would be next option unless I went extra stretched tyres and run the risk of kerb damage and tyre shredding...lol

pictures, advice and guidance will be greatly appreciated from anyone whos been down this road.

thanks

As long as you stick with as high offset as possible 9.5j would be fine , you should get up to 255 in no problem ,
I have 275 on mine and i did have to roll the rear arches

Hi guys, gave some advice about fitting 20" wheels with pics on the other wheel calliper clerance topic if it's any help to you all. They were 9.5 rear and 8.5 front with no arch mods, yes I have stretched rear tyres on the rear but do not rub even lowered and as recommended by my body shop arch rolling is best avoided as rust will eventually find it's way in due to our climate unless proper arch work is carried out which would involve respraying quarters etc.

Just lovely Gary...like the Red Honda badges too, set the car off a treat.

Looks stunning

No problem,The wheel specs are 20x9.5 et 45 with 245x30x20 tyres on rear, could have gotten away with possibly 255 so as not as stretched but am running natural camber on H&R lowering springs so if you intend fitting rear camber arms I would stick 245 as at present I have 6mm clerance between tyre and arch lip. Up front they are 20x8.5 et35, I originally purchased et45 but due to the concave of wheel it fouled the calliper carrier (2.4 has twin pot callipers, if I had 2.0L callipers this would not have been a problem)rather than messing with wheel bearings etc to fit longer studs for 10mm spacers it worked out just as expensive to purchase 2 new rims with the required offset, tyres are 245x30x20, with this setup the wheels protrude 5mm beyond the line of front wheel arch, I overcome this by gently stretching my arches by pulling on them by hand after heating with hair dryer working slowly around all the arch from one side to the other (this was easy to do but just requires patience), they now only protrude 2mm at most and have no rubbing issues what so ever. If you intend to go lower than I did then fitting 235 tyres would be advised up front or even 225 with extreme stretch if going mega low. Personally I think this is as extreme as you could go without carrying out body mods, don't get me wrong I would have loved 10" wide on rear for the more flush look and also more wheel options but had to think of the long term as intend to keep her for along time and didn't want to chance rust etc. hope this helps you, if you want any other pictures to show flushness or anything just ask.

joiner said:
No problem,The wheel specs are 20x9.5 et 45 with 245x30x20 tyres on rear, could have gotten away with possibly 255 so as not as stretched but am running natural camber on H&R lowering springs so if you intend fitting rear camber arms I would stick 245 as at present I have 6mm clerance between tyre and arch lip. Up front they are 20x8.5 et35, I originally purchased et45 but due to the concave of wheel it fouled the calliper carrier (2.4 has twin pot callipers, if I had 2.0L callipers this would not have been a problem)rather than messing with wheel bearings etc to fit longer studs for 10mm spacers it worked out just as expensive to purchase 2 new rims with the required offset, tyres are 245x30x20, with this setup the wheels protrude 5mm beyond the line of front wheel arch, I overcome this by gently stretching my arches by pulling on them by hand after heating with hair dryer working slowly around all the arch from one side to the other (this was easy to do but just requires patience), they now only protrude 2mm at most and have no rubbing issues what so ever. If you intend to go lower than I did then fitting 235 tyres would be advised up front or even 225 with extreme stretch if going mega low. Personally I think this is as extreme as you could go without carrying out body mods, don't get me wrong I would have loved 10" wide on rear for the more flush look and also more wheel options but had to think of the long term as intend to keep her for along time and didn't want to chance rust etc. hope this helps you, if you want any other pictures to show flushness or anything just ask.
this has got to be on of the best replies iv had when i ask for a wheel spec! thank you very much, this has helped alot!! im going to be purchasing eibach lowering springs at the end of the month 30mm drop, what do the H&R go down by? also how is your ride now that your running really low tyres and lowering springs?

love the way you car sits :) :) :) cant believe the accords allow so much wheel on standard geometery, love it!

I think joiner reply is spot on but when I fitted mine ( these are very similar to std alloys though ) the offset was the same but they didn't fit due to design of the alloys. I went from std type s alloy to rage both have same offset

If going to widen you should have the same issue though

First time I've ever had an issue so from now on I'm going to test fit first

Hi Asher, I have had Eibach springs before on an Accord type R and since then had H&R on my Civic sport and CL7, I have also installed H&R on a Civic type R and polo R line and to be quite honest ride comfort are very similar to one and other, lowering however I would tend to favour H&R as on every car I have fitted them to it has lowered just about the recommended amount, according to the Acurazine sites etc they too tend to say that H&R does tend to drop more than Eibach and are also a bit cheaper if I remember correctly, but its entirely comes down to the individual. As for hardness, well it depends if you want comfort or looks, I personally prefer looks as do not use the car very often and have driven with 19" rims for the previous 6 years, I am now used to weaving about the road avoiding potholes etc and do not notice any difference in hardness jumping up to 20" after all it is only 5mm, If comfort is a priority I would stick with 18" max. Hope this helps you.

Hi Gary,

you responses are spot on!!

In that case then, looks like im gunna go for some H&R's, have you got any links to where i can purchase some from? as for the ride comfort, im going to be sticking with 18" regardless as i like running a slightly bigger tyre, never been a fan of really low profile tyres. Have you got any more pics of your car? especially from the front looking down the side of the car as i was wanna see how far your wheels protrude from the car if thats possible? as im looking to get 18x8.5 wheels all around and to run 225/45/18 tyres for a little bit of stretch.But then again your 8.5 by ET35 sit very nicely.

Thanks

Usually buy all my H&R spring kits through Larkspeed , seem to be the cheapest inc P&P or used to be anyway. I will get some more pictures for you over the weekend and add them to my photobucket in the link above. One thing I forgot to mention last time is make sure you get the correct axle weight springs as if I remember right H&R do different kits depending on transmission but this can be found on your vin plate.