What's new

Annoyances

dennismate

Members
Reaction score
Car
8th Gen 2.0 EX Auto
I've had my 8th gen EX now for 2 1/2 months and I covered nearly 4K in it (I use it for business) and on the whole I love it, but it does have a few annoyances, no caller display is the most commented on, the inability to dial a number other than by voice, the fact it locks itself after a minute if you don't open a door, and my bigest gripe is that when the sun shines the top of the dashboard is reflected in to the windscreen, has anyone else noticed this??

Well my 7th gen has none of these faults except for the locking door thing which incidently is to stop it getting nicked if you forget to lock it. I suggest we swap.

I find the reflection on the sat nav screen a pain sometimes.
Other than that it's a great car IMO

the phone is a pain in the a***. I use mine as a company cruiser and not knowing who is calling without looking at the phone is a pain and the only other way to dial a number without voice is to type it in on your phone and hit dial...... I trust you would drive whilst doing this?!

Agree with the dash reflection, also sun on the sat nav can be annoying.

IMO great car, however i feel its being left behind by other manufactures who have made their cars much more 2012...... Ive been tempted swap mine for a new 2.2tdci mondy estate sport x.

Had an 8th gen for a day a while back as a courtesy car.

I thought the placement of the sat nav in the 8th is much improved over the 7th. If the sun shines from particular angles on the 7th it renders the sat nav un-viewable. The brightness just trumps whatever the sat nav can project. The 8th's screen is recessed and so is shaded from such issues.

The sun reflecting off the dash in the windscreen I did notice, but have been in cars that suffer this much worse. The locking is a minor inconvenience I agree.

My gripe with the 8th and the 7th is the shininess of the H badge in the steering wheel. If the sun is over your shoulder or you have the sunroof open it reflects off the H badge and blinds you. They should tone that down somehow for their next revision.

You guys really have an easy life if you worry about such things :lol:

How many ways do you need to dial a number?

I thought the sunken sat nav screen was not as good as the 7th Gen's relatively exposed version and have never had a problem with the sun on that. I will admit to being annoyed when the auto dimming feature kicks in that little bit too early of an evening. But then it is not very often I need to get lost "Honda style" anyway.

the phone is a pain in the a***. I use mine as a company cruiser and not knowing who is calling without looking at the phone is a pain and the only other way to dial a number without voice is to type it in on your phone and hit dial...... I trust you would drive whilst doing this?!

Agree with the dash reflection, also sun on the sat nav can be annoying.

IMO great car, however i feel its being left behind by other manufactures who have made their cars much more 2012...... Ive been tempted swap mine for a new 2.2tdci mondy estate sport x.

Funnily I've just come from a Mondeo 2.2tdci ***anium X sport, it does have lots of nice toys - the things I found it had over the Honda are good satnav touch screen that also incorperated all controls (decent maps not thin undetailed lines like the Accord) The Convers+ driver colour LCD display that let you control everything (sat-nav/audio/phone/car settings/trip meter) from the steering wheel controls and the keyless entry - you don't know how good that is until you have had it! But after a year of the Mondeo the unreliability (3 things going wrong and needed garage to fix under warranty) poor build quality, random cut-outs when breaking hard downhill, squeaky trim and bad diesel fuel economy (although it was fast) put an end to the love affair and I got an 8th Gen tourer. The Honda is so much more refined and buld quality much beter, I'd have the Accord over the Mondy any day :) Maybe we will get a 9th gen in 2013 to out-do the Mondeo on toys!

Going back to the thread my little gripes are -

Two key presses needed to unlock all doors - can I change this?

Sat-Nav screen always defaults to Sat-Nav when you switch on the engine, making you hit the OK button or loosing the screen, I mostly use it on the audio screen and every thime I get in the car I have to hit the button to change it back again. (Didn't have to do that on the Mondy)

No quick mute/unmute for Sat-Nav guidance

Funnily I've just come from a Mondeo 2.2tdci ***anium X sport, it does have lots of nice toys - the things I found it had over the Honda are good satnav touch screen that also incorperated all controls (decent maps not thin undetailed lines like the Accord) The Convers+ driver colour LCD display that let you control everything (sat-nav/audio/phone/car settings/trip meter) from the steering wheel controls and the keyless entry - you don't know how good that is until you have had it! But after a year of the Mondeo the unreliability (3 things going wrong and needed garage to fix under warranty) poor build quality, random cut-outs when breaking hard downhill, squeaky trim and bad diesel fuel economy (although it was fast) put an end to the love affair and I got an 8th Gen tourer. The Honda is so much more refined and buld quality much beter, I'd have the Accord over the Mondy any day :) Maybe we will get a 9th gen in 2013 to out-do the Mondeo on toys!

Going back to the thread my little gripes are -

Two key presses needed to unlock all doors - can I change this?

Sat-Nav screen always defaults to Sat-Nav when you switch on the engine, making you hit the OK button or loosing the screen, I mostly use it on the audio screen and every thime I get in the car I have to hit the button to change it back again. (Didn't have to do that on the Mondy)

No quick mute/unmute for Sat-Nav guidance

Cheers for the heads up on the Mondy...... Lets hope 2013 Accord is better and more modern on the interior.

The 2 key presses your stuck with unfortunately, i added a bit of flare to mine by automating the mirrors to fold on lock n unlock.

"But after a year of the Mondeo the unreliability"

Hmm. Interesting. Could say the same about my Honda. Never had a car need so many trips to the dealer outside of scheduled maintenance. I too came from the blue oval !