What's new

Another ABS/VSA light thread

krism

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.4 Accord Type S
Hello All,

I apologise if this information is located on the site, i have used search but not finding it i'm afraid.

abs/vsa lights came on last week and have failed to go off. Paperclip trick gave the following codes:

I can't find a list of codes to know whats what, [i don't know if the list i have from Type-R ownership applies?!]. I suspect an abs sensor has gone and maybe the knock on effect is causing errors in the vsa module (i hope)

Can anyone point me towards a list? or even tell me what they are?

Many Thanks
Kris

Also, the cl9 Acura TSX, same exhaust system? Cheers

Did some digging about on the Interweb and found a codes list on an Acura TSX forum

12 - Right Front Wheel Sensor
17 - Left Rear Wheel Sensor

Going to compare the resistance of this sensors to the two others and see if its faulty.

Strangely 61 is listed as low ignition?! Maybe a saved code when I had battery/starting problems a few months ago.

Yes, most likely the sensor are faulty. I had very similar issue 2 weeks ago, but only left side sensor went out on mine.
Sensors are approx. £17 from ebay. Fairly easy job to do and definitely much easier when you take off the hub.

61 is for the batery issue and it's the old code probably. Just delete it and check if it comes back.

Thanks Peter. Wouldn't be an ebay shop called PartsLondon you used?
If not could you tell me which as if it worked for you i will buy from the same place :)

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately they don't post to the Highlands so I will take a chance with the other seller. Have not had a chance to check the abs sensors resistence due to the weather but hope to get it done tomorrow night.

Has anyone checked the ohm reading of a working/broken sensor before and remember the reading so I know roughly what I should get?

I am not sure if i remember it correctly but i think the correct sensor had something beetwen 4-16MOhms and the broken had 2-3Ohms.

Newbie alert here.... is the vsa a feature only on the 2.4 engine or should I be grateful i'm unable to locate on my 2.0 dashboard.
Sorry Krism not helpful to you query but i'm just curious.

I think all the Accords have VSA. In fact, all Hondas since about 2002ish...? There should be a button down on the right by the headlamp angle adjusters?

okay just tested my sensors.

front o/s, n/s and rear o/s all give a reading between 33.9-34.4 kohm
rear nearside is barely giving any reading so an open circuit i would think and a duff sensor.

Unbolted it and tried to get it out, it is siezed solid so will need drilling.

Will post if the new sensor plugged into the loom makes the lights go out.

ok, so after carrying out the above tests and breaking the abs sensor housing.. the lights have gone off!
ABS is working as is the VSA.
New sensor enroute and will still need fitting but thats just weird

Update to close this thread :)

Last night I eventually found time to fit the new sensor. I first plugged it in and checked the lights went out.
Removed the 10mm bolt that holds the sensor, and as it was seized in solid i prised the bracket off the sensor to snap it then cut the wires within.

I could not have done the next part without a Right Angled Drill Head Adapter that I picked up in Lidl for a fiver. There is just not the room to drill out the sensor with a normal drill. Drilled out the old sensor carefully using torque rather than speed, starting with a 5mm drill and increasing to 9mm i think (compared it to the new sensor diameter). Only took 10 minutes and the hole was clean enough after a squirt of WD40.

Bit of grease on the new sensor, slid in nice and job done.