What's new

Anybody know the difference?

It's a completely different beast from the 2.4

It's a track car basically. Full blown K20 engine delivering peak power around 8.5k RPM, limited slip diff, close ratio box and a different chassis from the normal Accord.

well i own both.and tuned both

stock for stock
cl9 k24 188 bhp crazy long gears vtec 6000-7100.
cl7 k20a 217bhp short gear ratio vtec 6000-8600

k24.drives like a lazy v6.vtec is pointless,vtec window is to small to use.
The cl7 euro R has k20a from a dc5 with a bigger inlet manifold and throttle body,very rev happy,also has basicly the same gear ratio's and FD+LSD as dc5.vtec is more aggressive on the k20.but has less torque

the chassis,shocks and springs,anti roll bars are the same on cl7,cl9
my euro R has a black sort of front front strut bar.that i dont think my cl9 has got.
cl7 has no curtain airbags
cl7 has recaro front seats

cl9 weight 1410kg
cl7 weight 1380kg

cl7 has bigger nissin single pot calipers

cl7 tyres 215/45/17
cl9 tyres 225/45/17

cl7 0-60 7.1 sec
cl9 0-60 7.8 sec

cl7 is rare vs cl9
cl7 is more fun

when driving my cl7,it feels like im driving something a bit special,i never got that from my cl9

any other questions just ask

That's interesting, I was under the impression the euroR had a slightly wider track than the regular Accord

im not 100% sure.it might have a wider track.
All i know is my cl9 can use 225/45/17 rear tyres with no problems.were 225 rub on my cl7,but it could be because my cl7 is lowered more that my cl9

Track on the cl7 is 1515mm F&R.not sure on cl9

Thanks for the replies. Had no idea it was so different. Also looks like there is no cruise control or stereo controls on the steering wheel too? Do you reckon the euro r is worse as a daily driver though because of the setup?

It's not as refined as a daily drive but it's perfectly fine..

I only ever see the Euro R's in white. I wish one came up in the artic blue. Been on the lookout for one for about 3 months now

ive only seen 2 in blue in the uk and one was forsale on this forum,9 months ago,with about 95kmiles for around £5k.bargain
where was a black one on ebay last month with 100k miles they wanted £6250
championship white is the best colour,next is blue then red

So is my best bet to get a blue one just to get one imported?

I browse piston heads etc on a daily basis but can't seem to find one

The further complication is it that the car must be a minimum of 2004 March.

I have thought about going for the 2.4 but for some reason when I get it I'm thinking I may be a little disappointed. I've owned a ctr ep3 before so I have a rough idea of how the car may perform (although I realise it won't be the same)

ashyk36 said:
So is my best bet to get a blue one just to get one imported?

I browse piston heads etc on a daily basis but can't seem to find one

The further complication is it that the car must be a minimum of 2004 March.

I have thought about going for the 2.4 but for some reason when I get it I'm thinking I may be a little disappointed. I've owned a ctr ep3 before so I have a rough idea of how the car may perform (although I realise it won't be the same)
ukcl9 said it perfectly. The K24 drives like a big V6. It's totally different to the ctr ep3. If that's the kind of performance you're looking for you'll be really disappointed. I personally love the way the K24 pulls because it's a Honda that makes torque! It pulls really well from even 1000rpm because of the dual length inlet and longer stroke con rods. But it doesn't do the crazy high rev stuff like a type r.

If you want a luxury car feel that handles well for a big car and is really fast for something that can return 40mpg (if you're really gentle) it's a good choice. If you want hot hatch handling and rev happy honda driving with a vtec kick you need to look elsewhere.

The main things that I don't like about my K24 CL7 are:
The clutch which is made of chocolate.
The crazy over reactive traction control that cuts power completely.
The ABS that cuts in at the slightest sign of slip when braking.
The totally numb, heavy steering.

its up to you.fresh imports are expensive

cl7 euro r will keep up with ep3 no problem.just add coilovers and it will keep up with a dc5.

as for the k24.you can swap ep3 gears into the cl9,and a simple reflash will help turn the lazy k24 into a rev happy engne with vtec 4600-7600 and more torque all though the revs.

you forget cl7,cl9 has proper front suspension,double wishbone

why does it have to be march 04?

the clutch made of chocolate.not heard that one before,all the honda's ive had,clutches has lasted 80k miles,ep3,dc5,cl7,cl9

Hmm I see them in white all the time, the artic blue is hard to come by.March 2004 because my private plate is 04 and I can't put it in anything car older. Saying that though if I did find a blue Euro which was a bit older, I'm thinking I would just sacrifice my private plate.

Are you able to tell me about the fuel economy of cl9 vs cl7 Euro r?

Thanks

ukcl9 said:
im not 100% sure.it might have a wider track.
All i know is my cl9 can use 225/45/17 rear tyres with no problems.were 225 rub on my cl7,but it could be because my cl7 is lowered more that my cl9
Track on the cl7 is 1515mm F&R.not sure on cl9
I always wondered why th Euro R standard tyre were 215's and not 225's, the wider track might explain it, but what gives it the wider track, I thought all suspension arms etc were the same?

No need, this guy has nearly all Honda brochures uploaded to a flickr account. they're both 1515mm

https://www.flickr.com/photos/63416089@N06/15040307062/in/album-72157646820637716/

CL9_zpsovkub1ga.png

Euro%20R_zps2odibf36.jpg

ukcl9 said:
ive only seen 2 in blue in the uk and one was forsale on this forum,9 months ago,with about 95kmiles for around £5k.bargain
where was a black one on ebay last month with 100k miles they wanted £6250
championship white is the best colour,next is blue then red
Also, the Euro R was never available in Championship White, that's reserved for the red H badged cars.