What's new

Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror Kit

davecmr

Members
Reaction score
Car
Tourer Sport Diesel
Cos my Sport is a poverty spec and I'm doing more driving in the dark the biggest problem with the tourer is glare from the cars behind. Now Honda sell a proper kit with everything you need to fit this, however it is mega money but I have found a kit for the 8th Gen thats at a reasonable price so is it a worthwhile investment? Do they really work that well?

I'm not a gadget fan, but if you do a lot of night driving then it is really useful. You can still see behind you, but the glare is totally removed, leaving you with much better visibility overall.

I've had it as standard, so don't know if it's worth the hassle of installing, though.

I have it as standard, but am not sure how much my rear window being blacked out mitigates the problem already?

Tinted windows will pretty much stop the dazzle as well. Not sure what to do yet will see what happens on the price haggle ;)

If you can get it and install it for a price your happy with then go for it. I was thinking tyhe same thing for mine. I've had it in previous cars and I really do recommend it.

Where would the power supply come from?

According to the fitting guides that come with the kits there is a plug already in the roof for it to plug into, if not its not going to be that hard to get wires to it, most it'll have is 3 wires +'ve, -'ve and a feed from the lights.

Wow I never even knew I had it :lol: But it must work as I've never felt rear headlight dazzle..

Why not just use the money to tint your glass all round and call it a proper mod? ;)

Well who will tint 5 windows for under £50?

If you're looking for cheap, I've seen adverts scattered around Bradford for any car @ £99

£99, not bad depends on the quality of the job I suppose still waiting to hear back about this mirror kit :(