What's new

Back in Black?

Swervin Mervin

Members
Reaction score
Car
Jazz
My Accord has been an absolutely faultless friend while I've had it. It's just done 62k and is in A1 condition.

VTEC2-1.jpg

Would ya get rid and replace it with this beasty..........

DSCF1185.jpg

DSCF1183.jpg

It's got 120k on it but has a great S/H with no apparant issues.

All in all it'd cost me the Accord and £2k on top. :rolleyes:

In a heartbeat mate B)

Hmmm. My heart's beating pretty fast at the mo. It's a bit of a gamble, but the only thing keeping me in the Accord is the 'reliability' tbh. It does nothing for my heart!!

i was going to buy one a couple of years ago, but running costs made it a stupid purchase :(

Like you say its a risk but the M5 is a fine motor.

I test drove a 5 series 530d a couple of months before buying my accord and was tempted mainly because it was fast and a BMW. But I have to say on reflection that it was a very stiff ride (and apparently the m series is stiffer) and it felt a bit "soulless" somehow. It was just a fast car and you could anticipate how expensive it was going to be to run (and I only average 6k a year). God knows what a petrol version would cost to run let alone an m series. On balance glad I went for the accord. If someone else is paying for the petrol and the maintenance then I think it's a no brainer. :)

My heart says the M5 but my wallet says the Accord. :(

The day they invent a 500bhp car that i can get my son in the back of, room for a weeks shopping in the boot runs on urine and doesn't cost 3k a year to insure i will be a happy man. In the mean time i will carry on slowly upgrading my Accord until it has more stuff than Halfords and Ebay combined.

biggest regret i have is getting rid of cars that had nothing wrong with them,, have wasted a small fortune on cars that i just dont need.

my advice, keep the accord and rent a posh car for a few days to get it out your system

If you have 2k burning a hole in your pocket. you could do worse than buy one of these and use it as a weekend car to get it out of your system.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201203443394032/sort/priceasc/usedcars/price-to/2000/price-from/1000/model/rx8/make/mazda/page/1/quicksearch/true/radius/200/postcode/bh13ph?logcode=p

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201202440945183/sort/priceasc/usedcars/price-to/2000/price-from/1000/model/rx8/make/mazda/page/1/quicksearch/true/radius/200/postcode/bh13ph?logcode=p

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201203442495496/sort/priceasc/usedcars/price-to/2000/price-from/1000/model/rx8/make/mazda/page/1/quicksearch/true/radius/200/postcode/bh13ph?logcode=p

This itch isn't gonna go away is it?

You're a long time dead so live some first.

RX8's are rubbish, if you want some RWD rotary action a RX7 twin turbo is where its at :)

I would just keep the Accord just because of running costs and petrol hitting £1.50 Ltr in the summer!

The RX8 is not a bad car (231), just suffers from reliability issues!

Hmmmm. You lot aren't helping! lol

I was hoping you'd all say GO FOR IT!!

I know, I know it WOULD be a stupid purchase. My last V8 was tbh as it cost loads in fuel but god was it fabulous to drive.

I do think I am gonna stick with the boring old Accord though, the mighty V8's are wonderful machines but lets face it I'm gonna spend most of the time driving it to Tesco's, round congested city streets and the short trip to work and back each day.

I wish I was rich!!

Really really don't like the RX8 btw. Aren't they mega unreliable??

I've had to sort a few rx8's out they have a nasty habit of flooding then being a real pain in the back side to get started.

It does nothing for my heart!!

You ain't driving it right then dude ;).

Bring it up here and I get your heart pumping in an Accord again :lol:

That didn't mean to sound like it sounds by the way....

Toyota Aristo Vertex FTW.
You can get them for around £3-4K. BPU spec gives 400BHP and bulletproof reliability.

aristo_veilside.jpg

You ain't driving it right then dude ;).

Bring it up here and I get your heart pumping in an Accord again :lol:

That didn't mean to sound like it sounds by the way....

lol. I think it probably is the autobox that makes it a bit dull tbh.

Should've got the manual mate :(

Your probably right! It was the 'S' that I was looking for but got dazzled by the spec on the Ex.

Not to worry...of course the real fun is to be had on a bike...faster than any 200 grand supercar... ;)

Aaaahhhh. Autobox..... that explains everything :rolleyes:

Aaaahhhh. Autobox..... that explains everything :rolleyes:

Yeh I'd had one before and quite liked it. Autobox with the ability to manually change if needed.

Trouble is my last one had a 320bhp V8 under the bonnet. Kinda made it a bit more interesting.