What's new

Before and after detailing, graphite pearl tourer

Here's some shots of the finished car. Although I think the wheels and wheel arches have not been done yet in the photos.

Hope you can see the difference :)
hondapic8.jpg

hondapic3.jpg

honda013.jpg

honda007.jpg

honda010.jpg

honda002.jpg

B) Lovely Mitchell good work and love the mini bag puss :lol:

The inside has had a full clean too. Leathers been cleaned and fed with leather stuff and the interior is only let down my the old Volvo 850 mat in the drivers footwell. If only I could find a tray type floor mat that would fit. :)

B) Lovely Mitchell good work and love the mini bag puss :lol:

Many Thanks Brett, the mini bagpuss is an airfreshener, stinks horrible lol. Only problem is, it won't stick to anything in the car :)

fantastic! brilliant shine! that paintwork now looks flawless! but you need some tyre shineeee! lol

fantastic! brilliant shine! that paintwork now looks flawless! but you need some tyre shineeee! lol

Many thanks, it isn't flawless though lol but it is very shiny. Oh and I did put tyre shine on them, just took side photo before I put the tyre shine on lol. I think there is one of the photos of the back wheel were you can see the tyre shine, great stuff that spray on AG tyre stuff. :D I've got a heck of a long way to go before I get to anywhere near as good as your car detailing though lol.

What leather gear did you use? Mine is nice and soft but would like to keep it nice.

Thanks for the link. Can that wax be applied over the Autoglym HD wax? What's better about it do you know?

The HD wax was really easy to apply but I didn't see any extra shine after applying it. The shine came from the auto resin polish, that stuffs great.

Yeah, iv'e used both those products in the past with good results, the Harly wax can be built up over a few applications, i find it takes months before the car stops beading after a rain shower and that's only if i don't touch it, if i wash all the road grime off it still beads but i always apply a coat of the harly wax anyway.

Its better as it is a pure natural product and doesn't contain any rubbish , just have a read of the full description from the ad, all i know and can testify to is that it gives a fantastic deep shine, especially on darker colours.

Cheers everyone :) It was worth all the hard work.

------------------------------------------------------

Regards leather cleaners: I used Autoglym leather cleaner then their leather care balm. I tried this stuff several years ago on cream leather and I wasn't keen on it. This stuff is different, smells wonderful and sinks straight into the leather. Great stuff and I would recommend it.

------------------------------------------------------

I will have to try that Harley wax, sounds great.

Excellent result Michelle,

Well worth the sitting back and admiring from the window, Oh don't forget you've got to keep it like that now, we have the photos to prove what it should look like :D

Incidentally what was the issue with the AG HD paint cleanser ? It sounded quite a good product from the write up.

Michelle - good job! Car looks fab B)

Excellent result Michelle,

Well worth the sitting back and admiring from the window, Oh don't forget you've got to keep it like that now, we have the photos to prove what it should look like :D

Incidentally what was the issue with the AG HD paint cleanser ? It sounded quite a good product from the write up.

Lol, I got into trouble tonight when I refused to take my car out of the garage to drive to visit my Mum. Reason, because it was starting to rain...........I told my Hubby I'd not spent the best part of two days working on the car to get it mucky the very next day. So we did the 110 mile round trip in his 8 year old Peugeot 206........................ :lol:

Regards the AG HD cleanser, I didn't like it because it dried almost instantly even though it wasn't sunny, then it was a real pain to get off. So I thought I'd give the same panel another go with the super resin polish and that brought more muck off than the HD stuff did. You could say I was too lazy to do the whole car in the HD cleanser because of the massive elbow power needed. I seemed to get the same results from the super resin polish and that was much easier to apply.

Michelle - good job! Car looks fab B)

Many Thanks :) I was moaning about how much money I've spent on all the cleaning and polishing stuff. But looking at the finished result it was worth it. :)

Lol, I got into trouble tonight when I refused to take my car out of the garage to drive to visit my Mum. Reason, because it was starting to rain...........I told my Hubby I'd not spent the best part of two days working on the car to get it mucky the very next day. So we did the 110 mile round trip in his 8 year old Peugeot 206........................ :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can really picture that, was it a silent journey on the way there?

Regards the AG HD cleanser, I didn't like it because it dried almost instantly even though it wasn't sunny, then it was a real pain to get off. So I thought I'd give the same panel another go with the super resin polish and that brought more muck off than the HD stuff did. You could say I was too lazy to do the whole car in the HD cleanser because of the massive elbow power needed. I seemed to get the same results from the super resin polish and that was much easier to apply.

That's really interesting as it is marketed to be relatively easy to use etc.

Having a look at a review in Detailing World there was mixed opinion, it seems it is quite sensitive to temperatures, perhaps the day you used it, it was a relatively cool day.

Maybe just reserve it for those comfortably warm, but cloudy days that we so often get in the UK.

LOL, it was a quietish journey hehe. I did cherp up a couple of times with this classic.................

"Well your car has only done 40,000 miles so well under half the mileage that my cars done, mine will enjoy the rest in the garage..............anyway if I lump loads of extra miles on it you will only have to cough up for the servicing more often"

Reply, "It can't just sit in the garage all the time, what's the point of that............."

hehe.

I did use the HD stuff on a warm afternoon but without sun, it will be my fault lol, took too much effort for me, wanted easier option............ :rolleyes:

Interesting link, thanks.

I found the same problems as reviewer no 2. Maybe if you use the product more often it is easier to apply, who knows. Let's put it this way, the super resin polish was a doddle to apply and it brought off loads of muck. I treated each panel three times and the bad panels five plus and I got the car nice and clean that way.

Anyone want to buy a 99.95% full bottle of high def cleanser lol..................... :rolleyes: