What's new

blank canvas

Dale Phelan

Members
Reaction score
Car
8th gen 2.4ex man tr
I picked up my 59 plate 2.4ex last weekend and have covered 600 miles to get the car I wanted. Its a good job im impressed with it lol... its a great car and im happy with it as standard but then again.....:) before I start with any mods im going to paint the discs and calipers which have to be said are letting the looks down a bit. Nothing a good scrub down and lick of paint wont solve. Then im looking at getting the stonechips sorted.(theres about a dozen altogether!) Would I be better off getting some chip repair paint or getting someone like chips-away to sort it ?? Then definitely bigger wheels,( The 17s look dwarfed under those huge arches) then possibly the side skirts and front lips. Hope to get these done this year all being well. As long as I don't tell the missus... :)

Lower it mate. 17s look spot on once lowered ;) . Glad you're liking it though. The 2.4 is a lovely drive.

Sorry! You're right! I misread and thought it was a 7th! The 8th needs 18s for sure!

But wait! An 8th Gen 2.4! They're rocking horse poo mate! Well done on locating one! Please say it's a manual... :wub:

Blimey!!! Congrats mate! I think there are only 3 on this entire forum!

Ha ha... remaps were first thing I looked at before I even bought the car. Will defo without a doubt get done as I had my last car remapped... it was like unleashing a caged dragon lol. Will prob wait and get full exhaust done at same time to get maximum horses :) I know theyre few and far between ive not seen one on the road since I knew I was gettin mine (about 4 weeks) and I do about 1000 miles a week in my van..seen a few 7th gens. So is it diy or chips away for my road rash??

Just ordered some genuine mats for my motor off ebay. Seller is Holdcroft. Take it thats holdcroft honda from this forum :) cheapest on the net at 68 squids :) ordered some disc and caliper paint too to get my project started. Woooohoooo. :)

I reckon this is worth a pop at £29 for a bit of road rash chipping:

http://www.drcolourchip.co.uk/

Mines a bit beyond that, so I might be getting a new front bumper, as its cheaper to buy a new one than respray. Holdcroft can do them for about £220 painted delivered.

Calipers etc done. Looks miles better. Wasnt sure what colour to go for done red and silver in the past so wanted something different... ended up orange. Possibly Gonna go with an orange theme interior. Thinking some piping around the mats and some flashes elsewhere. Not sure yet. Will put some pics up shortly. Ended up getting the chip-ex kit for the stonechips so will post before and after pics and give my verdict. Looks good. 100% paint match promise probably do a few sunday with a sore head lol

Before

20140611_210219_zpsbbd08b40.jpg

After

20140612_162958_zpsd58f5244.jpg

20140612_142735_zps0a130121.jpg

Very nice.

I have just banged on some 20" wheels on mine - see pics in Gallery section please.