What's new

Bluetooth module - dead? needs activating?

honda_saj

Members
Reaction score
Car
honda accord
:ph34r: :blink: :unsure:

StuH

Members
Reaction score
Car
Superb Estate 3.6 V6
Yeah, like to share the love. Still working fine today, now all I need are some friends so I can put some numbers in the phonebook that aren't take-aways related.

buckfusby

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord ex i ctdi
Had the same issue with mine tried the "baking" solution but to no avail ..got a replacement unit from a local breakers yard £60.00 first one i got was U/S so they replaced it and this one has been running for 12 months now no problem....i hope i have not just cursed it!!!!!!

kasheeq8

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 Ex Diesel
Hi Everyone,

I suspect my accord's battery drainage issue has been caused by my dead bluetooth module. Has anyone got a tutorial on how to remove this?

My Accord has the satnav. I have once removed the whole unit a long time ago to install the XCarlink to connect my iPod.

Question: Do I need to remove the whole unit again to gain access to the bluetooth module?

Thanks!

coghlac3

Reaction score
Car
2006 Honda Accord
Had to create an account having found Odysseus’s post. Haven’t had handsfree for months. Got a two replacement modules through eBay and breakers and same story. Then found that post, popped parts in oven and hey presto I’m back in action.
Great post. Thanks dude!!

Scottydog

Reaction score
Car
Accord mk7 2.4
The baking worked on my first accord but like many others I was slightly worried about putting the module in the oven, spoke with an electronic wizz and he says you get the same effect by just touching the small prongs with a hot soldering iron. This melts the solder and fixes any dry joints without splashing solder all over the board, I cannot solder as it is one art I have never managed to master. My 2nd accord I have sent module to Johnson controls for a diagnosis check and rectify. Just waiting for it to return.