What's new

Bluetooth module - dead? needs activating?

:ph34r: :blink: :unsure:

Yeah, like to share the love. Still working fine today, now all I need are some friends so I can put some numbers in the phonebook that aren't take-aways related.

Had the same issue with mine tried the "baking" solution but to no avail ..got a replacement unit from a local breakers yard £60.00 first one i got was U/S so they replaced it and this one has been running for 12 months now no problem....i hope i have not just cursed it!!!!!!

Hi Everyone,

I suspect my accord's battery drainage issue has been caused by my dead bluetooth module. Has anyone got a tutorial on how to remove this?

My Accord has the satnav. I have once removed the whole unit a long time ago to install the XCarlink to connect my iPod.

Question: Do I need to remove the whole unit again to gain access to the bluetooth module?

Thanks!

Had to create an account having found Odysseus’s post. Haven’t had handsfree for months. Got a two replacement modules through eBay and breakers and same story. Then found that post, popped parts in oven and hey presto I’m back in action.
Great post. Thanks dude!!

The baking worked on my first accord but like many others I was slightly worried about putting the module in the oven, spoke with an electronic wizz and he says you get the same effect by just touching the small prongs with a hot soldering iron. This melts the solder and fixes any dry joints without splashing solder all over the board, I cannot solder as it is one art I have never managed to master. My 2nd accord I have sent module to Johnson controls for a diagnosis check and rectify. Just waiting for it to return.

Rebooting this old thread, I hope that's OK.
I'm having the dreaded power drain issues and was going to whip out the Bluetooth module, but I'll be blown if I can find it?
I've scrabbled around in the footwells, I've popped off the vents as shown above, but it's nowhere to be seen.
Any hints as to where it is on an petrol 04 2.4 folks?

Wow!!!

I am soooooooooooo grateful for this thread - my Phone Button doesn't make a beep - so I'll give this a try and let you know if it works!

Thank you!

PS - Any updates from anyone? Is it still working for you or did you end up going for the Grom-bt3?

My concern with 'fixing' this (and getting the bluetooth working) is that I'll then have problems with the battery draining.

Will this fix mean the battery drain issue will also be fixed?

An update - I did exactly as was mentioned in this thread, and now...... my bluetooth works too!

Yay :)

Big thanks to everyone on here.

PS - car battery isn't losing charge either :)

Hi Accord fam.

I would recommend adding heatsink on top of the BGA chip (largest BGA chip on the smaller board) and glue the heatsink on top of it with thermal glue. Most likely modifications needed for the plastic housing, but it might help heat/cooling cycles to extend the baking job :)

Also recommended to change are the aluminium capacitors (two bigger ones atleast). but not mandatory, they sometimes are also the issue for power leaks. Main connector solder points also would not be bad to resolder ;)

Another satisfied customer - I just baked my boards, and am very pleased to say that the HFT system is now able to find my phone instantly.

Thanks to all that put this useful thread together!