What's new

Brake fluid Dumb Question

grentuu

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord SE Executive
I don't have a manual, and am generally not much of a mechanic but want to check the brake fluid level. I realise this is going to sound stupid, but which is the brake fluid reservoir in the engine bay?

I have looked around and cannot find any pics of the engine bay.

When ripping me a new one please be gentle..it is Christmas after all...

W reg 2.0 SE Exec Auto Petrol

when you'll be looking on the engine bay it will be on the left hand side somewhere near the top

brakefluid_zps2b712143.jpg

Not a stupid question at all. The one on the right will be Power steering fluid.

The fact it's attached to the brake servo should make it obvious(not being funny) ;) .

The fact it's attached to the brake servo should make it obvious(not being funny) ;) .

Yes if you know what a brake servo is and what it looks like which not everyone does...

....but it doesn't matter because we're here to help each other, not score points.

Yes if you know what a brake servo is and what it looks like which not everyone does...

....but it doesn't matter because we're here to help each other, not score points.

Fair comment Cliff but think the "not score points" jibe was a bit out of order, as I did say I wasn't being funny and am happy to help anyone out if I possibly can :(.