What's new

Buying an Accord. What to look for?

xeorex

Reaction score
Car
BMW 520d
Just joined the forum as I have short listed the Honda Accord (petrol, manual) as a potential candidate for my next buy.

I currently have a broken BMW 520d LCI 2007 and had all the possible issues you can possibly get, that is, timing chains needing to be changed (while under warranty, still meant I couldn't use the car for 4 months), then the high pressure fuel pump blown up leaving iron shavings throughout the fuel system, including the injectors. The one thing I haven't got yet is the turbo that can also blow on this model.

I guess every model you buy can have some disease. So, when it comes to the Honda Accord from 2008 onward, what sort of issues can we potential have, and how costly can they be then to fix?

I look forward to gain from your experience.

Welcome to the forum.
Petrol model is very reliable and not many issues.
A few things to look out for is rusting sunroof on EX spec.
Binding rear calliper mainly on the saloon.
The sunroof is now under a 7 year extended warranty on 2009 models.

Also interested in this topic so didnt see much point starting another thread.

I have narrowed it down to a diesel tourer in EX trim, not too bothered whether its a manual or auto And will be looking for something with sub 100k on the clock.

Are these particularly susceptible to any of the usual diesel failures that plague other manufacturers such as DMF failure, injectors, fuel pumps, turbos etc ?
Is EGR blanking a common mod on these ?

Yep and add cracked egr bypass cooler pipe but we solve that at the same time as the dpf removal anyway.