What's new

Car broken into - No signs of forced entry

alloy36

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 CDTi
I went to my car this morning and found the front driver door ajar.

Funny, I thought maybe I forgot to close it. I opened the door and found the contents of the glove box, door pockets and all cubby holes etc on the floor.

The only thing they seem to have taken is some aftershave which I used as air freshner and some tick tacks!!!

So now, there is no sign of forced entry, usually the alarm locks itself if I leave it unlocked for a bit. So how did this happen?

Did I leave the door slightly ajar and hence the alarm did not activate?

Or is there some scrote going around with a scanner?

That's definitely concerning!!

You sure you didn't leave one of the doors slightly open which would prevent it from locking, or one of the kids hit the remote from inside the house? (my kids do it all the time) and maybe a passer by took a chance?

The factory alarm is quite rubbish, my car was broken into twice in a year about 2 years ago, and I went to Clifford G5 Alram, and it had been very protective indeed, the sensor will detect someone closed to both side of the car and give them a warning, it's been good so far for few years time..

It won't be anybody with a scanner. The criminals at that level don't just steal aftershave and some tictacs.

GordyC said:
It won't be anybody with a scanner. The criminals at that level don't just steal aftershave and some tictacs.
lol, thats true, :D

The keys were out of reach from the kids, I'm pretty sure I locked it and if the lights didn't flash when I locked it, I would have noticed.

Hopefully this will be a one off. I'll check with the neighbours when I get back home tonight.

I wonder if this is how a certain aircraft went missing ....a keyfob in an overhead locker :eek:

People do nick weird invaluable items, you have to wonder why. I was breaking one of my old cars a few years ago, which was on axle stands in my in-laws driveway. I had those retro flat style wiper blades fitted and it was only when I got around to removing the arms that I noticed someone had taken them and replaced them with their knackered blades!! :huh: It was no one who lives there so someone had come up the driveway and gone to the trouble of doing that.

Hopefully this is just a one off and the car has accidently been unlocked. My son had left one of the windows open on the Accord a while ago and I didn't notice until the next morning when the seat was wet from the rain! I always check the windows and doors before going in the house now.

-Rich- said:
People do nick weird invaluable items, you have to wonder why. I was breaking one of my old cars a few years ago, which was on axle stands in my in-laws driveway. I had those retro flat style wiper blades fitted and it was only when I got around to removing the arms that I noticed someone had taken them and replaced them with their knackered blades!! :huh: It was no one who lives there so someone had come up the driveway and gone to the trouble of doing that.

Hopefully this is just a one off and the car has accidently been unlocked. My son had left one of the windows open on the Accord a while ago and I didn't notice until the next morning when the seat was wet from the rain! I always check the windows and doors before going in the house now.
My first car was an old fiesta and when I parked up at the side of the road I rolled over broken glass, 2 burst tyres. I have to give it to the local chavs, when they want something they go for it, one of the little ****s tried to steal it, realised he wasn't going anywhere, so torched it instead.

Sounds like you may have left it unlocked by the sounds of it. Can easily be done

I bought some chrome valve caps with a red H on them for my 6th Gen, just noticed some low life has had them away, is nothing sacred :angry: .