What's new

Car stalls randomly?

Shuthan

Members
Reaction score
Car
2000 Accord Type-R
Hi guys,

I seem to have a slight issue with my ATR, after driving for some time, my car hesistates/jerks and then engine cuts out and stalls, with the lights on the speedo, as you would see when the key is turned to the second click. It then won't start up again till I press on the accelerator, seems to be getting worse now.

Changed the battery, HT leads, spark plugs haven't reached their intervals, and it has had a new fuel filter put in.

I can hear the fuel priming, and no EML light and the engine runs sweet.

Any idea?

Have you had the EGR system cleaned out lately? Maybe a blockage in there.

I had it cleaned last year, last time I had EGR issue, EML light came on and I ***umed it was the same case here.

Sounds like the ignition switch issue possibly, except for the part about having to press the accelerator.

exec said:
Fuel contamination?
Always use V power,at first, felt slight hesistation on the motorway and got worse by stalling now.

Cliffordski said:
Sounds like the ignition switch issue possibly, except for the part about having to press the accelerator.
Yeah reading up, its common but the lights come up on the dash which if I am correct, if it was the ignition switch, no lights will come up?

I also wiggled the key whilst the engine is running, and nothing so I don't think its the switch,

I am led to believe its Dizzy related or fuel related.