What's new

Changed my Grille, now Radar doesn't work - is grille the problem?

JezUK

Reaction score
Car
2006 Accord 2.4 EX+
My original grille came with the centre emblem being of clear plastic (and the Honda "H" being embedded within that).

I could only find a good chrome grille that didn't have such a central emblem, only the "H" in front of a mesh like grille (if that makes sense).

Now, I'm finding my Active Cruise Control and Lane ***ist don't work because the Radar needs cleaning.....

I seem to have it in the back of my mind that the grille on cars that have this extra fitted are usually fitted with such a 'special' grille, but am not sure.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

(these special grilles are very hard to come by, hence why I thought I'd fit this one which has a mesh behind the chrome slats).

Many thanks.

in case it wasn’t obvious to you, the centre emblem is your radar sensor. That’s why it isn’t working now.

How do you mean the centre emblem *is* the radar sensor? (the centre emblem isn't connected to the car via any wires or suchlike)

As far as I can tell, the radar sensor is the black box behind the grille that's the radar sensor (btw, I still have the original grille, it's just completely tatty, dulled and lacking chrome, which was why I'd changed it).

I stand corrected.....

....I've just seen in the Handbook that there *is* a radar sensor 'in' the front grille :oops:

I'm pretty sure I can replace the central parts between these two grilles.

Thanks for enlightening me :)

Sorry guys,

I'm still struggling to see how this plastic part constitutes part of the radar sensor? Just looks like a regular grille emblem.

Could someone please explain?

Many thanks.

2UTXRwI.jpg

MMotnbi.jpg

MP2RHFH.jpg

I’ve never taken one apart mate, but the enclosed emblem unit like yours is a radar unit and always a tell tale sign on a Honda for CMBS.

If the new grill does not have the microwave transparent plastic of the old, the sensor will not pick up signals.

Same problem here. I lost the ACC because of the Euro-R grill. The cruise control still works with a permanent warning sound. Do you know if there is a way to get rid of this noise ?